1/10 RC military models is it a thing?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Re: 1/10 RC military models is it a thing?

Post by Biasphere1 »

Lubos tanks are great and well designed. I will get one of this Hetzers one day, but busy on alot of my own things.

Not at all I was asking the community is 1/10 models a thing and I am pretty sure it is a new emergence in our type of models.
My wife and I have discussed it and we will do some moveable models in the scale, so for the Flak shown earlier we are on the path to get the trailer sorted for it :)

That's great as I wanted to support you but found nothing in 1/10 or failed to find more likely , yes 1/10 field pieces and equipment may be a big thing for you.
Right now 1/10 is manageable for me as I'm new to printing , the sizes are about right to own a few to take on a scale day as well I'd say.
I'd love to fire 22/BB's at a profile 1/10 Allied armor piece/pieces and have it rigged to blow up with a concussion or relay switch. lol
I think 1/10 just might be a "go to" scale in the future.. If you were to make a set of 1/10 metal King Tiger tracks we might do business.
But if you're not do you know of any 1/10 scale metal King Tiger tracks for sale ?
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Biasphere1 wrote:Lubos tanks are great and well designed. I will get one of this Hetzers one day, but busy on alot of my own things.

Not at all I was asking the community is 1/10 models a thing and I am pretty sure it is a new emergence in our type of models.
My wife and I have discussed it and we will do some moveable models in the scale, so for the Flak shown earlier we are on the path to get the trailer sorted for it :)

That's great as I wanted to support you but found nothing in 1/10 or failed to find more likely , yes 1/10 field pieces and equipment may be a big thing for you.
Right now 1/10 is manageable for me as I'm new to printing , the sizes are about right to own a few to take on a scale day as well I'd say.
I'd love to fire 22/BB's at a profile 1/10 Allied armor piece/pieces and have it rigged to blow up with a concussion or relay switch. lol
I think 1/10 just might be a "go to" scale in the future.. If you were to make a set of 1/10 metal King Tiger tracks we might do business.
But if you're not do you know of any 1/10 scale metal King Tiger tracks for sale ?
I am afraid this is for a Tiger I, but I dont know if they differ much from a KT1.
https://www.asiatam.de/Panzer-Zubehoer- ... -1-10.html

They also have some more accessiores iin 1/10.

But the price is a bit, eeuh big (my opinion of course)
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Will01Capri wrote:
Biasphere1 wrote:I am 3D printing at 1/10 a King Tiger by Lubos Hort https://www.3dprintedtanks.com/ I believe he is a member here as well.
He's been available by email as well to sort out a few things.
If I have transgressed here, moderators feel free to nuke any irreverance's.
Lubos tanks are great and well designed. I will get one of this Hetzers one day, but busy on alot of my own things.

Good to hear that, I am looking at his site. I hope to start with printing my self next year so his tanks (although in 1/10) would be cool to print and built.
Regards,
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

It's my experience that in any R/C hobby, as soon as you introduce another scale or class into the game it waters down support for all the existing scales and classes which leads to a collapse of the hobby.

RC tanks are very strong in 1/16 for several very good reasons. They are affordable, its size allows for easy storage and transport and both those factors allow the hobbyist to build a collection. There will always be the odd exception that attracts interest but l wouldn't expect any real, significant support for a larger scale.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

I agree. It's great to compare vehicles. I can see the progress in armor development with the Renault FT and the Tiger on the same scale ;)

For now, mostly Hooben offers RTR 1:10 kits. This scale has been popular with scratch builders in continental Europe for decades and it's interesting to see it's renaissance.

I could also understand willingness to build 1/6 scale models - realistic movement and awesome posable figures ;)
Last edited by Kaczor on Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Kaczor wrote: I could also understand willingness to build 1/6 scale models - realistic movement and awesome posable figures ;)
I showed some pictures of 1/6 models to my wife, I assume, according to her reaction, I will not own a 1/6 scale tank anyway in this life.

But she doesnt know about my plans for 1/10 yet :D
Regards,
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

jee wrote:
Kaczor wrote: I could also understand willingness to build 1/6 scale models - realistic movement and awesome posable figures ;)
I showed some pictures of 1/6 models to my wife, I assume, according to her reaction, I will not own a 1/6 scale tank anyway in this life.

But she doesnt know about my plans for 1/10 yet :D
Hahahhahahaha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have a 1/10 r/c jeep coupled to a 2 wheeled 1/10 trailer which with very little work (Mainly with a paint brush) can be made to look top quality and it cost less than £50 on "Banggood",
I also have a 1/12 HG 802 HMMT Truck/Prime mover and a 1/12 HG 806 Low loader trailer which together cost considerably more but when used as a Tank Transporter it rings every bell and blows all the whistles,
I have been modelling 1/8 r/c Aircraft for many years and I love large scale r/c.
Space and ones bank balance are the major limiting factors.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Discussion”