Board for 1/10 3d printed is-1

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
cupra313
Recruit

Re: Board for 1/10 3d printed is-1

Post by cupra313 »

The bigger the motor is in physical size the less amps it draws for the same load. Also as mentioned above,the winding plays a major part. Mine are between 40T-55T. I highly doubt my motors will draw any significant amount of amps.

My servo for the turret has a stall amp draw of 1.8amps and the elmod has 2A limit,so we are good here.

Remains to find out the max amp draw of a tarr smoker because i want to connect 2 in parallel.

Also,anyone has any experience with bigger visaton speakers or any other good/better bigger speaker? I will either install 2 smaller visaton FRS8 m or one bigger. What s your take on this one?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I used two, four-inch, 4 ohm visaton speakers in the hetzer, driven by the IBU2 and the TPA amp and I'm very happy with it. I built a custom wooden speaker box to hold them, and it also serves as a control panel with on/off switches for the main power and what not.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
cupra313
Recruit

Post by cupra313 »

Another day,another problem. Is there a way for the smoker to be powered "externally" ? The 2amp cap the elmod has is too low. Can we work around that? Except if anyone know for a smoker large enough with lower than 2 amps max draw
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Elmod write in their papers that you can use a direct wire from the battery if the amp draw is higher than the board supports. I understand that goes for the heater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
cupra313
Recruit

Post by cupra313 »

@sherman65 thanx for the info! I contacted modelsmokers and even though they can make a smoker for me,they are located in the states. So, customs will charge an arm and a leg and with the corona thing,i will receive it in 2-3 months. So,no go.

@RenoirLV i ve read the whole web site plus the fusion manual. I havent seen that statement anywhere. Plus if i draw power directly from the battery,the heater will be always on. Apart from destroying the heating element in a couple of runs,it wont be proportional and it will always smoke.

So,my current situation is... Modelsmokers no. Harbormodels no. Beier has no smoke unit. Benedini has one that only works with their sound card. Armortek sells one for a billion pounds. Super smoker v4 is in australia so same as modelsmokers. And 2 tarr smokers will draw too much amps. This is seriously starting to get on my nerves
RenoirLV
Corporal

Board for 1/10 3d printed is-1

Post by RenoirLV »

The plus wire goes directly. The minus goes through the board. Proportional operation comes from the fan. Am I wrong?

Ps. I’m talking about Elmod smoker board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by RenoirLV on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Are you up for building your own? I built this with a stock HL smoker, a tiny little fan and a wire wound resistor. Less than $15 for everything. You could wire it to be proportional, that just means separate leads for the pump/fan and the heating element, as long as the elmod supports proportional smoke with two different inputs.

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
cupra313
Recruit

Post by cupra313 »

That s really nice!Great work! And from what i see your using the heng long air pump,not a fan,correct? It looks amazing!

I d prefer to avoid making my own. I know it s not that hard and i ve done some basic research. In my case i would need an 8ohm nichrome wire since the power supply is 12v to bring the total draw just under 2 amps. But it would take a lot of trial and error with wicks and different resistance wire,faster burning,wicks drying etc. I am already up to the neck with the tank build. Sanding everything perfectly for the bearings and other moving parts to fit,gluing,resanding etc etc. I just wish there was a smoker,order it and be done for once. Or modelsmokers and/or harbormodels being in europe :(
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

It has both a pump and a fan. I thought elmod provided the same current to the smoker with either 2S or 3S batteries?

If you decide to try one of your own let me know if I can help. I don't think it would be as hard as you think, and the one I made should work, except mine isn't proportional. But I don't think that would be difficult, just wire the fan so it gives the extra boost under acceleration.
cupra313
Recruit

Post by cupra313 »

Max-U52 wrote:It has both a pump and a fan. I thought elmod provided the same current to the smoker with either 2S or 3S batteries?

If you decide to try one of your own let me know if I can help. I don't think it would be as hard as you think, and the one I made should work, except mine isn't proportional. But I don't think that would be difficult, just wire the fan so it gives the extra boost under acceleration.
You can choose either 7v or 12v in elmod's software.Of course i m going for the 12v option as it will draw far less current.

I dont see any other options at the moment so,i ll take you on on that offer. I greatly appreciate it for helping me out! Do you have fb messenger,or instagram so we can talk more directly? PM me if you do and thank you in advance!

Return to “General Discussion”