Oh No! I fell off the tank-wagon again...

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Oh No! I fell off the tank-wagon again...

Post by Jimster »

Beautiful convoy light and looks perfectly attached. These tanks sound pretty cool clanking over thresholds and such with their metal tracks.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Here's the headlight after Milliput modified the google-eyed (LED) look.
It's not perfect, but it's an improvement on the Cyclops look. I might eventually replace it with a Notek lamp, even though it wouldn't be accurate. I just think the Notek would look cooler on a runner.
Just to say I've been absent from the forum, and model making, for a while.My dear old Westie, Midgie, was clinging tenaciously to life- but the Vet (astonished by her staying power), decided it would be more humane for her to have a 'Marley' moment ("Marley and Me"- movie). Anyone who has been through this, or has seen the film, will understand just how utterly gut-wrenching these 'euthanasia'
moments can be. :(
She was a friend, companion, critic, and entertainer for over 14 and a half years. I hope you don't mind these indulgent non-tank pics. Model tanks are engrossing, but they don't leave an unfillable void when they're gone. :problem:
Here was my build- assistant as- a puppy; and then when inquiring into my health, after my ankle was shattered (note the Tank crates on the left, and her bed on top of one :) ); and, finally, her place in my garden. She saw me through some really hard times... Dogs rarely let you down, if you care for them. Sadly, the same can't be said for Homo Sapiens.

I lost someone else (Mum) lately, but that's another story. It's also with dismay that I notice that Gary, (Max-U52) has left, or been banned from the Forum. :O
Gary was an absolutely true asset to the forum, as well as an articulate modelling mentor for the beginner, and also for the advanced modeller. I don't know the circumstances, but he made invaluable contributions to RCTW's knowledgebase- and can't imagine how he could have done anything to merit exclusion. :problem:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

I'm sorry to hear of your loses Roy, my thoughts are with you, I did wonder to myself of your absence from the forum as I usually look for the regulars when I sign in but I just thought that you may be taking a break as we all do sometimes. I'm glad that you feel strong enough to join us again and wish you all the best :thumbup:

Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Roy,
It is good to hear from and of you again. I am sorry for your Loss. It is said among Wolves that you never lose the ones who love you. They only sleep in your Heart. When memories give you toil of the spirit, that is just your loved and missed ones stirring in their sleep. The Deep Peace of the Earth to you, my Friend. My Boy, Jack turned 13 this year, very old for a Greyhound. He takes his heart medicine daily and looks and seems young otherwise. I have missed his Sister, Wish, for some 6 years now. It is a day to day thing and Time is not our Friend in circumstances like these. Again, welcome back to the Forum. I am looking forward to chatting with you about tanks again.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Roy if recent events cannot justify wallowing then what does ?
It is awful to lose the unquestioning and undemanding love of an an animal but it is the downside of a blissful friendship and you will always have the memories and as you quoted for as long as you remember with love your Mum and your Dog they will never die :thumbup:
As to Gary what can I say, I tried to fight his corner but at the end when reconciliation was offered he said thanks but no thanks and he is of course on RCU should you want to keep in touch.
Keep well and while you still have the weather look across the Sound and count some of the blessings that you still have.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Many, many thanks- Lee, Painless, and Shaun for the support and observations. Yes, Life is always fatal- (even the Sun has a lifespan) :problem:
The best thing we can do, is to fill it with as many meaningful distractions, and friends, as possible.
There are plenty here. Thank you.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Discussion”