3D parts. Again

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

3D parts. Again

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Gentlemen as some of you have seen I had a notion to selling or marketing some parts for my dad. But as I was not aware at the time due to not properly reading the rules I can not do so on his behalf.

So in accordance with the forum rules I have placed an order for the more commonly used items such as vents and turret bins and a set of hatch conversions. If I can avoid it I would like to not inflate the prices but will do so if necessary.

For larger items such as the mantlet it is not viable for me to stock those due to demand being less. But if admin permit. it maybe possible to redirect you or buy you one in but it would take longer to supply you with it.

The reason I have posted here rather than launch a for sale post is so that admin and the site moderators can see my plans and offer any required amendments before I release my intended stock list.

This way I can ensure that I cause no offence and breech no rules
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 3D parts. Again

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Right now I'm preparing then cooking dinner for myself, my wife and daughter, then I'm going to sit down to eat it while watching some tv.

But before I do, I will say something, I sent you a PM a few minutes before you started another thread on this topic, I told you I would speak to the rest of the team before I would give you our findings. By going public again, you have hardly helped your "cause."
You were caught braking the forum rules, I still wonder if you would have still done what your father told you to do even if you had read the rules.
No matter how you dress this situation up, you are still trying to sell your dad's products on this forum for him.
You say that vendors are selling other people's products, yes, just like a supermarket sells products, but when I go to pay for my corn flakes in a supermarket, I don't get the option to pay Kelloggs direct into their bank account.
Now it's time for food. . . .
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I have a great many things I would like to say to that statement. Of which out of respect to others despite none being shown I will refrain from doing so.

All I have done here is cut out the middle man and save you many hours of messaging by issuing public intentions.

None of which, best I can tell breech any rules. Which is starting to make this look more of a personal thing
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Perhaps your dad would be interested in joining this forum. He could learn a lot and teach a lot and this matter would be solved on a positive note. Our membership would increase and possibly a new market place for your dad. Win win!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Exhibitedbrute wrote:Is there a particular reason why my thread showing 3D printed parts for sale that my dad asked me to put up has been removed.
Please tell me, what rights does your father have towards the way this forum is run? What rights does he have as a non member to ask the forum to pander to his wishes.
The rules were made when that for sale section was created, before most of us mods were even members. Whether you or I like them or not, those are the rules.
Now after we all know you tried to sell your father's 3D printed parts for him on his request, and using your membership to his advantage when he didn't/doesn't want to join himself. You were stopped, you've even held your hands up to a "fair cop," now you want to keep going on and on about it like you've been wronged, and try a different tactic to sell the same stuff on his behalf dressed up like it's now different. Well it's not, no matter how much you polish a turd and wrap it in tinsel, it is still a turd.

And there I rest my case.
If you would like to take this up with any other team member, be my guest.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

And there you go again with the personal thing. Mr Ad Lav told you I deleted one of his for sale posts.
Ad Lav wrote:Mick is right - a bit of thinking before posting goes a long way. And hijacking thread doesn’t go down well - it’s just common sense.

You’ll find a lot of people browse the forums but don’t post - don’t take it personally. I havn’t posted on your build but have looked at it.

As for selling stuff, I had a for sale thread deleted because it wasn’t my own tank. Mick PM’d me to say why and I got on with life. we live and learn.
Yesterday, I also deleted another for sale posting from another member, yet he's not on here whining like a child.

Maybe you should decide whether you want to be a forum member, or your father's promoter!

Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

You know what forget it.

But adlav also stated he got a pm explaining why. I did not.

You explained on the page. I looked at what you said the rules are and offered something within the rules.
These are things that would make someone’s model that little bit easier to build.
Or things to make something different but even doing things by the rules there still seem to be a problem.

So as I said. Forget it
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Jimster wrote:Perhaps your dad would be interested in joining this forum. He could learn a lot and teach a lot and this matter would be solved on a positive note. Our membership would increase and possibly a new market place for your dad. Win win!
Yeah I don’t think that’s a good idea
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I apologised for you not receiving a PM, many members on here will be able to vouch that I do send a PM if I delete something that I can't leave a message in.
But I explained to you this morning the why's and wherefore's of the deletion, because your for sale posting BROKE THE FORUM RULES. But after what appeared to be that you'd dropped it, you've now jumped in and started this thread when I told you I would get back to your PM after I spoke to the team.
Acting publicly like you're the victim of some personal attack made this personal.
By you keeping on instead of just accepting you were in the wrong, and patiently waiting for any resolve, you really haven't helped yourself, especially the way you worded some of your earlier postings. Which by the way, has also been archived.

Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I accepted and continue to accept it was removed as a result of breaking rules.

As for the way I word things. I deliver as I see it. Does it offend people. Yes it does.
But on the flip side there is nothing that hides what I think about something.
So it’s honest and to the point and contains no bitching. Which make up some of the forum rules to an extent.

What this thread was intended to be was an outline of what I wanted to do in one place for all those that needed to see it to be able to do so. In turn saving time and effort in messaging back and forth. I saw no fault or issue with that.

I can’t understand why there is one

Also it is quite clear that when I wrote that, the rules had been accepted. I wanted to work with you all. In one place rather than by PM to try and do something by the rules. There is no harm in that.

But for some reason it was assumed I was putting another sales listing up. I can’t see how.

Return to “General Discussion”