We have Lost one of our Own...

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: We have Lost one of our Own...

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:Thanks Mike,
I remember the times he was given a yellow card and then I came back from my holiday in Mauritius looking forward to more outrageous PZ111s and broken Russian only to discover my hero had been banned,
My understanding was that Herman stood in his corner but not many others,
His knowledge of Small arms was impressive as well as military blades. and he had an extraordinary grasp of international military history.
But it was his original view of the world that had me entranced and laughing like a child at the same time.
You mentioned the Figures he modeled and painted which really did highlight his armour and bought it to life although there were times a decent pair of sunglasses would have helped.
This is from an email Alpha sent me. I've edited certain bits, but some of that intense character still comes through. Pity the emoticons have disappeared :thumbdown: The last mail I got from him was connected with my Cromwell project, and maybe that coincided with the onset of his illness, and the silence that followed. I had links to his many projects on Imgur (as 'SAM I AM'), but the links have all been deleted, sadly. He leaves a deep void, and if there'd been an animated Gif for one, he'd have left that too...
"...
SEASON GREETS 43 AKA ROY*;) winking
YAHOO PROVIDES THE EMOTICONS....THEY HAVE THE BEST ONES I'VE SEEN SO FAR LOL...SIGN UP...THINK IT'S FREE *:D big grin

THE BANNING COULDN'T HAVE COME AT A BETTER TIME ACTUALLY....MY TIME NOW IS SPENT MORE TAKING CARE OF SOMEONE WHO TOOK A TURN FOR THE WORSE AT ABOUT THE SAME TIME
THOUGH THE ENJOYMENT OF LAUGH AND HELPING OTHERS IS GONE....I STILL BUILD IN MY SPARE TIME...CARE GIVING TAKES THE MAJORITY OF THAT ....MY TANKS MAKE UP FOR THE LAUGH...AND I STILL OCCASIONALLY HELP PEOPLE TOO ...SO EVERYTHING IS IN BALANCE SO TO SAY *:-? thinking..................*:)) laughing

THE AIRSOFT SHOP WAS EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS...A LOT OF FUN....DEALT WITH PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT AGES...WOULD DO MY BEST TO MIS INFORM SPIES ETC...LOL...IT WAS ALMOST LIKE BEING ENLISTED STILL LOL

GOING TO KEEP THIS ONE SHORT 43...STILL HAVE A 1/35 RC TAMIYA PANZER IV TO DEAL WITH...DANG THING IS PARTS RICH!!!!*:-O surprise

HAVE A SUPER TERRIFIC WEEKEND....REMEMBER US COLONISTS HAVE SOMETHING CALLED BLACK FRIDAY...SO THERE IS A LOT OF RC TANK DEALS THAT WILL BE GOING ON

TAKE CARE 43...BEHAVE LOL *;) winking

ALPHA ...."
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
I've thanked Mike privately for showing me bits and pieces of Alphas life that I did not see since our commo was for the most part, tank related. I knew about his SO and what she was going through and knew that it was wearing Alpha out to care-give but he wouldn't have it any other way. When he lost her, that was when his health issues started up. He loved his Empress sincerely. If there is any Justice or Kindness in Existence, they are together again, young and free of this lifes' travails. Thank you all who have related things here which have helped build, for me, a better picture of my Friend. We will all miss the insights and wacky humor I think. I will miss the 'Good Mornings' and 'Good Nights' from a guy who was truly interested in how my day went, model building and otherwise. The World just got a little quieter for me again. I am tired of the silences.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I joined shortly before Alpha was banned so my interaction with him was extremely limited, but he definitely made an impression. A wealth of information and a quick wit made me like the guy right from the start. Enough that I took the time to create this photo just to amuse him.

I had never hear of GuP before Alpha introduced me to them, and while I'm not the fan he was, I've gotten some pretty good laughs from the whole GuP phenomenon, all thanks to the General. I would say I'll miss him, but I've missed his presence ever since the banning (I read all that transpired there and I still think he got a raw deal), and now it's even worse knowing there's no chance he'll be back.

Here's to you, General, the world is a bit worse off without you. :wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
cannedheat
Private

Post by cannedheat »

Max-U52 wrote:I joined shortly before Alpha was banned so my interaction with him was extremely limited, but he definitely made an impression. A wealth of information and a quick wit made me like the guy right from the start. Enough that I took the time to create this photo just to amuse him.

I had never hear of GuP before Alpha introduced me to them, and while I'm not the fan he was, I've gotten some pretty good laughs from the whole GuP phenomenon, all thanks to the General. I would say I'll miss him, but I've missed his presence ever since the banning (I read all that transpired there and I still think he got a raw deal), and now it's even worse knowing there's no chance he'll be back.

Here's to you, General, the world is a bit worse off without you. :wave:
liked by lot, indifferent to some ,disliked by a few who contributed to his ban

Return to “General Discussion”