Torro vs Mato

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Torro vs Mato

Post by jarndice »

If you are asking if a Torro/Taigen Transmitter will work with a Clark TK80/90g2 the straight answer is NO!!!
You will need an aftermarket Transmitter/Receiver.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
hexbugspider
Recruit

Post by hexbugspider »

Okay thanks for the info, shame your thinking of getting rid of her though! Saw your vid and she's defo a beauty.

What board would you say is the best way forwards for a torro leo? I have many mods planned such as upgraded speakers + dklm pdsgb gearbox + 3s lipo to really make the thing move.

Any ideas?
hexbugspider
Recruit

Post by hexbugspider »

As long as it's got all the features like gun stabilisation and turret tracking with decent sounds that's all I really care about :D
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

The TK-80 G2 has the Gun Barrel Stabilization feature as well as the the auto barrel lift to clear the rear deck during rotation. It has good sound and has good slow speed motor control.
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Post by panzerschreck »

Hello there hexbugspider!

Personally I thought your introduction was fine, I really do not need to know your life history before I will answer a perfectly reasonable question....so from myself, welcome to this site.

To be honest life is way to short to get hung up about this stuff, as a senior carer in a UK care home my job could kill me, so my priorities have changed, if you disagree with this, bite me....

Probably will get shot down in flames for this also :shh: but honestly I don`t care @) @)

The majority of my tanks are from Tankzone, and Kin has always been a total gent with me :thumbup: :thumbup:

I go on the principal of speak as I find, based on my own experience.

My piece is said....

"Woof! Woof! - that`s my other dog impression ;D
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

hexbugspider wrote:Hey everyone, I've recently gotten back into the hobby of rc tanks and I am looking for another one to accompany my henglong m41a3!

So, ideally I would love an abrams, but a tiger or leopard 2 would suffice. Since i'm in the uk the main website i'd be using is tankzone.co.uk, they stock mato's all metal line and torro's "pro" line.

I would use my tank hard outdoors, taking it through deep mud/water and sand. I understand that no tank is truly waterproof but there are measures that can be taken to boost it's water resistance.

Sadly neither torro nor mato seem to make an abrams.. There is the tamiya kit, however in the uk the cost of that would be around £1200...
So the verdict is, torro leopard 2 pro edition or mato full metal tiger 1?
I've seen many videos of both tanks being driven hard so I assume they can take it, however which one is superior? At a glance the mato appears a little crude in some places due to the metal casting whereas the torro's plastic shell could limit it in structural strength?

Please help a noob out,

Thanks!
-Nick. :D

mato- http://www.tankzone.co.uk/cart/mato_inf_t1.htm
torro- http://www.tankzone.co.uk/cart/torro_inf_leo2a6.htm
I've been out of the hobby quite some time and all my tanks station on desk or scraped. I have a new version Mato's Tiger 1 lower hull with torsion bar. I matched the Mato's lower hull with Heng Long's upper and they match perfectly. But to drive it hash condition, I'd advise you better not. The main problem with Mato's Tiger 1 lower hull is its idler wheels. Each idler has two ball bearing. It sounds good, right? However, they place two bearing too close to each other that make it weak. The bearing's axle itself is weak too that the idler become wobble after some time and tracks will fall off once you run it off-road. I had been looking to modify the idlers of my Tiger 1 with no luck. Other than that I have no problem with Mato's all metal Tiger 1.

Further, if you care about running than accuracy, Heng Long's all metal should also be a good choice. if I'm not mistaken, they have two scale 1:16 and 1:8 (of course, the 1:8 will surely hurt your pocket) as these model are made by CNC so I think it's much stronger compared to Mato's.
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage

Return to “General Discussion”