Torro vs Mato

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Carrion
Recruit

Re: Torro vs Mato

Post by Carrion »

hexbugspider wrote:
Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:Hi, you wont go far wrong with a taigen or torro tank, as for Tankzone I have had several dealings with
them, and on the majority of occasions there has been some sort of an issue, luckily I haven't been bitten
as hard as some forum members.
As for Dave and Julie (FORGEBEAR) once you place your order you can sit back knowing your in safe hands,
your item arrives quickly and well packaged, if you contact FORGEBEAR Dave responds in no time, whereas
Tankzone don't bother to reply.

regards john :wave:
That's great to hear that forgebear actually provides a legitimate service.. Am I wrong to believe the torro/taigen are the same brand? On forgebears site, tanks like the t-34-85 seem to go by the name torro/taigen so i'm a little confused haha.
on friday evening i made my first forgebear order.

on sat afternoon i had an email saying postage wouldnt be as high so i was getting a refund which has already gone through

items arrived today inc some "free" haribo

so yes i would say exceptional service
If all else fails your just not using the right sized hammer.
hexbugspider
Recruit

Post by hexbugspider »

john1970 wrote:Theres a tamiya abrams on ebay cheaper than £1200 21hrs left only 14 feedback tho

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-US-M1 ... SwiGBe0pYs
What 4 channel radio would you recommend? Since that kit doesn't come with one
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

Not to sure about tamiya tanks and what transmitters and receivers to use with them. There are others on the forum who could help you with that a lot better than me.
There are also a few topics about them in the forum if you look through.
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=28463
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Tamiya recommend Futaba radios indeed Tamiyas home market kits include a Futaba radio but most everyone else has negative views about them,
Personally I would not use a four channel radio no matter whose make it was,
Six channels minimum in an aircraft transmitter and a minimum of eight channels with a Tank.
Our own Rad will tell you that you can never have too many channels on a transmitter :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:Tamiya recommend Futaba radios indeed Tamiyas home market kits include a Futaba radio but most everyone else has negative views about them,
Personally I would not use a four channel radio no matter whose make it was,
Six channels minimum in an aircraft transmitter and a minimum of eight channels with a Tank.
Our own Rad will tell you that you can never have too many channels on a transmitter :haha:
Tamiya.de (Tamiya's European HQ) now recommend Carson Reflex transmitters (6ch and above). I have one, and I'd say they're an improvement on the old Tamiya branded Futubas. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Yeah. Not really there are better electronics out there than Tamiya. Quite a number of us use ibu or elmod
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
hexbugspider
Recruit

Post by hexbugspider »

Alright so some sort of 6ch radio then.. I'll give the tamiya guys a shout to see learn the specifics
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Take the time to review the Jumper T16 and the FrSky QX7 radios. It doesn’t hurt to take a look and one of them could be the beginning of the next level of your rc tanking hobby. Along with a good aftermarket tank board you will expand your rc tank enjoyment by leaps and bounds.
On the other hand, many folks are quite content with basic tank movement and generic sound effects with a simple pre bound tx. Nothing wrong with that at all. Just suggesting exploring options. It’s all about fun of course.
hexbugspider
Recruit

Post by hexbugspider »

Alrighty will do, what's your opinion on the tamiya kits though?

Are they durable etc.. compared to say a torro
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Disclaimer: I would feel dishonest if I didn’t say that what I know about this stuff is only through the help and guidance of our own Rad.

Return to “General Discussion”