Megasteam

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Dinky
Recruit

Megasteam

Post by Dinky »

Has anyone been able to figure out what is in megasteam,is it glycerin mixed with water or is oil based,can somebody suggest a good alternative other than baby oil to use in a tarr,baby oil just doesn't produce nice dense whitish smoke
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Megasteam

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Dinky wrote:Has anyone been able to figure out what is in megasteam,is it glycerin mixed with water or is oil based,can somebody suggest a good alternative other than baby oil to use in a tarr,baby oil just doesn't produce nice dense whitish smoke
Baby oil does produce loads of super dense smoke, I guess that tarr smoker just does not heat it enough.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Megasteam

Post by Max-U52 »

I have easy access to megasteam so that's all I use, but I had some success adding glycerin to the stock smoke fluid, and saw some noticeable improvement. I think I ended up adding about 3 ml of glycerin to a stock bottle half full and it worked fairly well. Not as good as megasteam but better than stock. If you do experiment with your own mix of glycerin and water, be sure to use distilled water.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “General Discussion”