Haya Version 6.4 Controller

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Haya Version 6.4 Controller

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It looks like Andrew is unable to contain his entrepreneurial verve 8O While we are still discussing, and getting used to the impact of, V6.0 and V 6.1 Heng Long MFUs- Andrew Haya has released
a V 6.4 Controller and MFU set up. This one is capable of running the smoking barrel feature, and much more besides. The price, as you might expect, is considerable higher than that of earlier versions (£100+), but considering the features, and the competition's prices, it must be a serious upgrade contender for even the hardened Clark and IBu2 aficionados. :)
Here it is:

You can find his take on its capabilities here:
https://www.hayaltd.co.uk/Haya_24G_syst ... 15984.aspx
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Haya Version 6.4 Controller

Post by c.rainford73 »

Pretty amazing stuff compared to the original electronic versions we all started with :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

c.rainford73 wrote:Pretty amazing stuff compared to the original electronic versions we all started with :wave:
Yes, Carl. One obvious departure from the usual fare, appears to be the separation of functions. This arrangement is beginning to look more like Tamiya's DMD pairing (ESC module + Effects module).
For the first time, the speed/motor controller function is now encased in a separate unit, with what looks like small cooling fins on the periphery. The spec also suggests that this combo can handle more powerful drive motors, and beefier batteries. That will please a lot of upgraders, I guess. In theory, the barrel can now fire BBs, recoil, smoke and flash as well... :O ...but maybe not at the same time :D
Looking at the diagram, it's not clear to me what the 'data interface' is for, though. I suppose it's just the conduit through which instructions pass from the MFU to the ESC, In that sense, it really is following Tamiya's tried and tested (if dated, some would say) linkup. :think: :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

I think this may be an old version that looks new, I’ve seen it on AliExpress for at least the last 6 months?

There’s no GSU (it does have the deck sensor though) as with the connections on a TK-6.1 board.

Possibly the data interface would be for a PC connection for updating sounds?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jimbo_wa wrote:I think this may be an old version that looks new, I’ve seen it on AliExpress for at least the last 6 months?

There’s no GSU (it does have the deck sensor though) as with the connections on a TK-6.1 board.

Possibly the data interface would be for a PC connection for updating sounds?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I seldom, if ever, look at Ali Express, Jimbo. Yes, you could well be right. Then again, I've not seen it in evidence elsewhere. A data connection for a modern computer would normally be USB-3, or similar.
This doesn't look like a USB -type connector. :think:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Wed May 20, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Looks good ,but is it Tamiya code for IR battle.

regards pete

Return to “General Discussion”