Hiding in plain sight...

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Hiding in plain sight...

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Max-U52 wrote:
jarndice wrote: I think the easy solution is to find yourself a Wookie :haha:
No, No, you don't want to do that. There's a lot people don't know about wookies. They smell really bad (flatulence troubles), they refuse to work Saturdays, and if you look at one wrong before he's has his second cup of coffee he's likely to take your head off. 8) @) :haha: :haha:
OMG, I never realised you were a Wookie Gary. . . . runs and hides
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Max-U52 wrote:
jarndice wrote: I think the easy solution is to find yourself a Wookie :haha:
No, No, you don't want to do that. There's a lot people don't know about wookies. They smell really bad (flatulence troubles), they refuse to work Saturdays, and if you look at one wrong before he's has his second cup of coffee he's likely to take your head off. 8) @) :haha: :haha:
Good Lord Gary you have been warning us about the friendly folk in your City/State :lolno: for years but I had no idea what you people were breeding,
Does the US Marine corp know about these potential recruits/opponents? And where are we with the Geneva convention ? :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I think it's something in the water.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:haha:
Going off theme has its benefits. I think it exercises the old brain more, but certainly- on a good day- the laugh bellows. Laughter's good for the immune system, I reckon.
Here's a budget Chewbacca deluxe suit, available from Ebay, for all those hunters who can't afford a bespoke Ghillie suit. :D
Chewbacca deluxe-alternative Ghillie suit on eBay
Chewbacca deluxe-alternative Ghillie suit on eBay
Chewbacca suit on Ebay.jpg (66.25 KiB) Viewed 1501 times
I was also a tad curious about Gary's reference to malodorus 'wookies', and so I checked them out in the 'Urban Dictionary' . This is the definition I found there (It could have been penned by Gary himself- the old Hippie!):-
"...Wookie
A lifeless idiot whose whole existence consists of following around jam bands and not showering or shaving. When they're not panhandling or trying to rip people off, they're selling veggie burritos or grilled cheese to fund their useless existence. They stand for nothing and care about nobody else. (Not to be confused with a hippie. A hippie is someone who lives a certain lifestyle due to their beliefs. Hippies often shower and have jobs.)..."
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

...trying to curve back a wee bit to the camo, and disguise, theme I found this useful guide to German Tank Camo from WW2, which was collated by Agares Tretiak (whose name itself sounds like an anagram :D or, Starwars character. Thank you Agares, (or is it Git Arse Karate? :| ):
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Good find, Highlander. That 745 camo is one of my faves, but it's a real bear to do freehand and get right. Wish me luck, though, as I'm currently applying a very similar scheme to my 1/6 Hetzer.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:Good find, Highlander. That 745 camo is one of my faves, but it's a real bear to do freehand and get right. Wish me luck, though, as I'm currently applying a very similar scheme to my 1/6 Hetzer.
I'm sure it'll be very cool, Gary! It'll definitely suit your crowning glory :thumbup: :thumbup:
Do give us a few pics, while you're at it, by the way.
:shh: :shh: I hope that the Hetzer's painball cannon is keeping a respectful 'social distance' from the local trees... :shh: :think:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It's actually quite difficult to see how well this 'urban' camo would fare, given the abstract, and bizarre, patterns involved. I couldn't actually find a decent shot of the 'Berlin Brigade Camo' scheme on a Challenger attempting to hide in plain sight. I'm assuming that someone did some preparatory research, before buying all that paint. :) Maybe the proof of this pattern's concealment qualities was evidenced by the fact that several Chieftains (from an earlier experiment) were parked up, in Berlin, and couldn't be found later. :haha:
I actually like the camo scheme, and might attempt to daub my own Chally with it. Mind you, all those precise straight lines will be, ...well... a real challenge. The fourth pic is of Leo which has lost its spots in favour of a Piet Mondrian-esque (1872-1944) abstract.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Camouflage is a very strange science. You don't necessarily have to make something blend in with its surroundings to make it difficult to attack. Just think of the dazzle camouflage on ships. Also I can remember a TV programme which disguised a troop carrier by putting lights on it!
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “General Discussion”