Still confused with IR battle systems

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
BlueWotsit57
Private

Still confused with IR battle systems

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Heng Longs with v6.0 boards can IR battle with Tamiyas and with other Heng Longs - is this correct

Can though, Heng Longs battle with Taigen or Torro tanks without modifications being necessary - ie straight out of the box rtr between the various options

Hope someone can help me be clear on this
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Re: Still confused with IR battle systems

Post by jimbo_wa »

No. Taigen is a totally different protocol that is only compatible with itself.

V6.x Heng Long is 'compatible' with Tamiya, but only in relation to shots fired and hits received. It will not disable the tank once a set number of hits are reached as the Tamiya MFU will.

The only way to get Taigen working with Tamiya is a third party addition called a Mako board from Australia.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you have a Taigen V2 or V3 Board surely you can use an aftermarket Transmitter and fight within Tamiya Standard rules.
Last edited by jarndice on Mon May 11, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

This is the Mako board. But this version isn't compatible with the Heng Long V.6, there's a different version for those, the MAKO TK6.0

MAKO2020
https://www.rctankelectronics.com/store ... O2020.html
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

jarndice wrote:If you have a Taigen V2 or V3 Board surely you can use an aftermarket Transmitter and fight within Tamiya Standard rules.
Tamiya 'standard' rules also require the tank to slow as it takes damage, and be set to the appropriate weight class. Your only options here are Tamiya, El-Mod, Clark and IBU. The Mako is simply a translator module to allow the tank to be hit by a Tamiya 'standard' signal.

@BlueWotsit
The best thing to do is find out if you have a club local to you and ask what they use. Unlike other parts of the world, there is no accepted standard practice in the UK - largely because so few are really interested in 'organised battling' in the first place.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I didn't post this, roight, but this cheap Chinese watch l got has an infrared signal fing that learns infrared beams from over fings and then you can fire at tanks from your watch. Neat eh? If you wear it to clubs and displays you can kill anyfing :haha: You didn't see me, roight...

Failing this, my Yamaha cinema system controller has a number of buttons that fire at and kill Taigen tanks!

My HL V6 tanks die after 6 hits but the Tamiya compatability ends there. The cheap Torro badged T34 and Tiger work with each other but it's hit and miss (literally) battling others.

Oh for just one good standard.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Thanks people for the clarification

Where do Torro tanks stand in all this compatability

What prompted the query was a reply received from a reseller which came back as "Yes both Heng Long and Taigen IR systems are compatible with each other. Taigen tansk are essentially up-spec and repainted Heng Long tanks."

Was he getting his T's muddled and he meant Torros as opposed to Taigen

cheers
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Torro is a reseller, they sell rebranded Taigen tanks in addition to other products. This can be confusing as they sell sold a T34 and Tiger that are different to the Taigen ones.

Best to have a look around https://www.torro-shop.de/military-vehicles and look at the pictures closely so you know the difference. Scrub that, they don't have the older Ex WSN, Ex Merit, models on there right now. Generally if the price is 250 euro's and up you are getting a Taigen in a Torro box, and if its around the 100 quid mark, you are getting one of the older ones.

On top of that, as others have noted the different revisions of the control boards aren't all compatible so best to buy from somebody who knows what he is talking about - i.e. Forgebear or RCTank.de.
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Thanks everyone so the bottom line unless major changes get made is to either buy Heng Long or Tamiya at this stage to battle with my HL Sherman :)
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

That's about it. Taigen / Torro use the same electrics so are compatible with each other only unless modified. Tamiya is in another price league to Henglong. If you buy another HL make sure it's a v6.0 or 6.0s. They do a 6.1 but not really around yet.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Discussion”