Banggood.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
jarndice
Colonel

Banggood.

Post by jarndice »

A week ago I ordered a product from Banggood,
They took my money and it is shown as "Processing",
Looking further into my order details the item is shown as "Out of stock",
Am I the only person who thinks such conduct is at best misleading if not downright dishonest.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Banggood.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

No, you're not alone. If they're telling you you can't have it now because they don't have it, but said it was in stock when you ordered it, that is downright dishonest.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

I've had this on ebay twice in the past few months... the dealers wrote that the number of items in stock was incorrect.
It can happen to you at any dealer...it is not the fine art.
When you get your money back then everything is good.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Along the same lines and a gripe of mine is that some seller's on Ebay list the item as shipped from the UK with an estimated delivery time of 3 to 5 day's then it doesn't arrive for at least 3 weeks :thumbdown: this has happened to me 3 times in the last month, I know thing's are being affected by the virus at this time but it has also happened before all this started. When I've contacted these seller's asking about the item I've had the same generic email back from all of them even though they are different companies so they clearly know what they are doing. The first reply after a couple of days will ask you to confirm that the name and address they sent it to is correct ( mmm yes ) then after replying to them and another couple of days they'll then ask you to go to your local collection office to see if its stuck there ( mmm no ) all these replies are them stalling for time and hoping within this time it will arrive :thumbdown: Now don't get me wrong I buy many things from overseas and don't mind waiting for them to arrive when I know where they are coming from but please don't advertise that they are in the UK when they are clearly not, this is what winds me up, rant over :D :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Last edited by Model Builder 4 on Thu May 07, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I think a lot of the sellers on these sites do the same thing jarndice, I don't think they physically carry their own stock they just source it themselves as and when they need it. Not long ago I purchased a new radio from one of banggoods competitors, it said they had 50+ of these items in stock yet when I contacted them after 5 days of no updates to the shipping info I was told that their supplier was getting more stock in a week even though they were showing that they had loads in stock and still showing the same now, on the upside though when they did get stock it was shipped fairly quickly :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

Are we really complaining about dirt-cheap(ass) China? ;D

It's always hit or miss. But then again, you pay just a fraction of the costs compared to local prices. I know shipping is gonna take long, or issues will occur. Overal having done hundreds of transaction in the past years it was so far really interesting (pricewise) to buy China. At least they are not Nitrotek. 8)
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I don't think we are complaining about the price of the items, it's more a case of the misleading information they put on their listings concerning their availability and location ;) :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I hate it when eBay sellers say they're in the UK, with some obscure British town name, they even have the union flag on their pictures with "UK stock" etc, then you look at their profile and they're in China.
I will not purchase from these sellers, they've already shown their dishonesty more than once.
But I have purchased from Chinese sellers, that are honest about their location.
The dishonest ones have bad feedback made up of complaints about shipping times and items not turning up.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Some of the Chinese sellers who give a UK address actually have stock in the UK. I have ordered from them and the goods have been delivered within the time scales quoted.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Really? Yet a lot of the feedback complaints on the ones I've looked at have been about the shipping times, maybe if what you're saying is true, then those particular items were out of stock in the UK and they had to wait for fresh stock from China before sending out. Which would mean those sellers are hit and miss whether they have what you ordered actually in stock in the UK.

Edit, I'm sure I read a few feedbacks where some customers stated that their long awaited items actually were shipped from China.

Either way, if they have a base in the UK, they should make sure they actually have the stock in the UK before advertising it as such.

Return to “General Discussion”