Tank commander giving instructions.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Tank commander giving instructions.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

If there is one function I love in my tanks, is the user sounds. No matter the electronics I use, I have to be able to play them to enjoy my toy.

It might not be very evident on the video, but I am making the tank commander give instructions to the rest of the crew: to the driver, to the gunner and so on, and after the instruction is played, the order is executed. It is very cool to use this feature when more tanks are involved in the operation. I do it with my children and we enjoy it a lot.

So I did a video and I wanted to share it with you:

phpBB [video]

And nope, no crazy stick combinations are used, all those sounds and many more are triggered with some buttons or switches, and never ever with the sticks.

phpBB [video]

Of course the music is cut, it has no sense to play a 10 minutes track.
Hope you enjoy!

EDIT: Next step is to create my unique motor and machine gun sounds,as I did with the other tanks.
Last edited by Rad_Schuhart on Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Tank commander giving instructions.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

LOL, you big kid ;)

Ok, it is rather cool :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

You could just use a WiFi mic and speak your commands as required. I did this to some of my first tanks and got myself banned from several clubs :crazy: easy to get over excited :haha: ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

General Jumbo01 wrote:You could just use a WiFi mic and speak your commands as required. I did this to some of my first tanks and got myself banned from several clubs :crazy: easy to get over excited :haha: ;)
In fact I thought about that! What equipment did you use? I might implant it on my king tiger.

But yeah, here in Austria those voices are kinda frowned upon, so I can imagine it will be even worse if I am the one speaking, but it is worth a try, LOL
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

An old mobile phone using blue tooth is easy and costs nothing. It works even better if you can get a friend(s) to hide and do the voices. At first your audience will think it's a recording but when the crew start to discuss current topics it gets s bit spooky! Passing wind usually spooks them :haha:
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Discussion”