1/6 ROC Hobby Willys MB 1941

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Re: 1/6 ROC Hobby Willys MB 1941

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Just heard from FMS & learned that the Taobao shop I got mine is to be my local source for parts. They just updated their website with 73 spare parts including even the body but still no word on the aluminum upgrades, 0.50cal or canopy.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tankme wrote:The Willys has disappeared from the FMS website and I don't see any pics of it on their FB page. I wonder if Jeep is suing them. Jeep has been known to do that which is why there is a lack of actual Jeep type vehicles in the hobby.
Yes, that is what happened
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

How do you know that, Rad? I've never known the threat of a lawsuit to stop the Chinese from doing whatever they want to do so I don't see why it would be different this time. From what I've seen the Chinese pretty much laugh at lawsuits.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Max-U52 wrote:How do you know that, Rad? I've never known the threat of a lawsuit to stop the Chinese from doing whatever they want to do so I don't see why it would be different this time. From what I've seen the Chinese pretty much laugh at lawsuits.
FMS said it.
They also cancelled all the sales due to the coronavirus.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you go to the relevant FMS Page you get a warning that orders are delayed due to the Virus and in big bold black numbers across the centre of the page "404" :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Well then, I'm sure glad I got mine when I did. Banggood is still taking pre-orders but I don't know if that's any good or not. I guess it all depends on what Roc hobby is doing. As far as I know, FMS is just one of their distributors.

And thanks for the info, Rad, you're one of the few guys on this forum that I will actually take his word for it. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Does anyone know if the manufacturer is actually in the PRC, or are they in Taiwan? That will make a big difference on the lawsuit thing.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Keep in mind, FMS has a very strong presence worldwide so better to be cautious if/when Fiat-Chrysler comes calling. They aren't some small time factory in a backwater PRC town.

They're made in Dongguan by FMS & had been under development for over 2 years according to a very well placed source who knows them quite well

Again, if anybody wants one, you can find them on more than a few well stocked Taobao stores where I live. I won't even tell you how much I can buy a front axle or pair of wheels for. :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Considering that I just spent $46 for four tires and rims you're probably right, I really don't want to know how much you pay for them. ;)
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I'm kind of surprised that they're even concerned about a lawsuit if they're in the PRC. For decades now, companies in China have been stealing intellectual properties from all over the world and then producing it as their own and as far as I know, no one has been able to successfully sue them yet.

Return to “General Discussion”