1/6 ROC Hobby Willys MB 1941

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: 1/6 ROC Hobby Willys MB 1941

Post by midlife306 »

Now that would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Package shipped yesterday & already halfway home.

Will let you know my comments once I get a battery in it & take it out for a test drive.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Mine's confirmed as well for tomorrow. Lets see who gets their's first. :haha:

This is what I next want to see in 1/6 appear. Heard rumors there is one under development but not sure by whom.
IMG56.jpeg
If they produced this in 6th to also run in the water, I would definitely get one :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

You'll find this video of a water crossing on on FMS' Facebook page so I guess it can get wet.

RocHobby 1941 1/6 MB Scaler- Cross the River

Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

My initial comments after unboxing;

Overall it looks great, is well built, with ABS body, detail parts metal frame & a mix of metal / nylon parts, Great packaging which is modeled clearly off HG's excellent foam box. Detailing is amazing & you'll love how the steering rotates when you turn the wheels. A very nice touch! I can already see the aftermarket going to town when it comes to accessories.

Can't wait to get it outside tomorrow. Drove it around my living room tonight & found it quite very responsive both in throttle & steering.

At only 4kg its quite the lightweight which is half as much as the 1/10 HG Hummer. I see a lot of bouncing around at speed on uneven terrain.

One thing I didn't expect: the suspension with its much touted oil shocks are far too soft to carry any load. I was disappointed to see how much the body leaned with just one figure in the driver seat & with another figure in the passenger seat it drove around like a drunken sailor lurching from side to side. Don't even think about adding another in the rear since its almost sitting on the rear wheels. Its no wonder FMS posted videos of it driving without figures. These absolutely need to be changed out with something more firm so will look into what can fit.

Will post more photos & comments after I get it outside for a proper test drive tomorrow.
WechatIMG230.jpeg
WechatIMG232.jpeg
WechatIMG231.jpeg
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Took the MB out for a spin this morning & overall am satisfied driving it, with & without figure. Hadn't had a chance to run in dirt or gravel so expect it will be a bit more squirrelly with the figure. Its quite a peppy little bugger so with stiffer springs, it can only get better, especially since I always plan on having at least one, if not more, figures onboard. Shocks are standard 80mm so will be easy to change out with something better; am looking at adjustable shocks now on Taobao. Later I may switch over the rear shocks to leaf springs but that will be further down the road.

Since I was solo, I didn't get a chance to take any video but here are some shots alongside the Hummer for comparison. Again, with all the metal parts HG uses as standard, my Hummer weighs twice as much as the MB. In case anyone is wondering, I lifted up the driver's side of the body to straighten up for the shots due to the soft springs. The Hummer's suspension, on the other hand, is rock solid but a completely different design with shocks designed to carry the weight. HG certainly makes a very nice product! :thumbup:

Regarding upgrade parts, the manual does show some optional aluminum bumpers & windshield wipers (?) along with the canvas canopy & machine gun so who knows if anything else is forthcoming. Still am waiting to hear back from FMS on inquiries I sent regarding parts.
WechatIMG4795.jpeg
WechatIMG241.jpeg
WechatIMG242.jpeg
WechatIMG243.jpeg
WechatIMG244.jpeg
WechatIMG245.jpeg
WechatIMG246.jpeg
WechatIMG247.jpeg
WechatIMG248.jpeg
WechatIMG4803.jpeg
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Clark's working on his board that will be similar to the ACK40 & MFK01 now available.
96364454_10158163452539788_5621295077230903296_o.jpg
96364454_10158163452539788_5621295077230903296_o.jpg (95.35 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

So tracking now says my Jeep is scheduled for delivery today, but it was in New York yesterday morning so I really don't think it's going to be here today. If I'm lucky I'll have it by Saturday. At least it's in the states so I know it will be here soon.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

So I got the jeep, I'm very happy with it, and I made a few videos for my youtube channel and since then I've just been playing with it. One of the things I tried was running it on a 3S lipo. I have a couple 1000 mah 3S lipos I bought for the blitz, so I threw one in to see how it works. I couldn't believe the difference. I expected higher top speed, and got it, but it also gives much better low speed control with the higher voltage. From now on my Jeep runs on 3S, and I would recommend anyone who hasn't tried a 3S to do so if you have this jeep. You'll be surprised. It will actually do wheelies!! @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Yea, I have a 4000/3S in mine & it runs forever. Took my kids crawling yesterday with the MB & Hummer for several hours & it ran like a champ.

Return to “General Discussion”