Taigen/toro T34

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Taigen/toro T34

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hi Shaun, the interior is mounted on a plate and centralised, I just need to sort it properly, like side mounting the battery, I just got lazy with it lol.
I was just pointing out my views of the tank.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I was looking at some 18650 based batteries for my T34s that have a lot longer AH rating and are still compact:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3293480 ... web201603_
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I resisted using "Lipos" for a long time but the simple truth is if you run a few :/ Panzer 4s the unending problem is getting a "NiMh" powerful enough yet small enough to power the Tank for any reasonable period,
I have no problem getting a "Lipo" to fit AND have enough power to give in excess of 30 minutes non stop
running and because I use a quick release system it is a matter of a minute to remove the battery at end of play rather than being tempted to leave it in situ.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I have 2 t35-85 and I am able to get the ibu 4000 11.1v lipo smoker and speaker in there. Battery is on its side
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I have the metal Toro version that comes in the wooden coffin. The battery problem is easily solved. Just purchase a normal 6 cell NiMH pack, dismantle it and then rebuild it in a shape that fits in the hull. I needn't be one assembly, you can join the cells with cable if it's easier. This procedure keeps it cheap and you can still use your favourite high capacity NiMHs.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Discussion”