Coming up Memorial day 2020

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Trora
Corporal

Coming up Memorial day 2020

Post by Trora »

Hello Community

Is something planed for the Memorial Day 2020 ?

I go to Recogne near Bastogne to the german cementry a day befor to give my Grandfather and his brothers my respect

On Memorial Day i go to St.Avold to the american cementry

Greets Ralf
Would like to go home
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Coming up Memorial day 2020

Post by Max-U52 »

That's very admirable, keeping the memory of your grandfather and great-uncles like that, and you're very fortunate that you know where they're resting. My Grandfather Max served and was mortally wounded aboard the U-52, so we don't even know where he's buried (he was brought to hospital in Kiel and passed away about two weeks later). The U-52 made it through the war and was scuttled after.

So now you know why my screen name is Max-U52, to keep his memory alive.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

That to is so very admirable Gary... :clap:
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
Kauzlarich
Recruit

Post by Kauzlarich »

An amazing thing you're doing there, Gary. Very commendable.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Ralf is the one doing all the work, going to visit his relatives every year. I would if I could, but there's a lot of water in between Detroit and Kiel.

Make sure and give my respects to your grandfather the next time you go, Ralf. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Trora
Corporal

Post by Trora »

I will do it , is good to know the fallen is not forgotten and still loved

My Grandfather was a Oscha in the Regiment Germania , Member in the SS since Dez 32 , Otto Kumm was his first Battallion Commander , two Brothers from him are killed in Action on one day near Charkov Febr 43 Totenkopf Division , one Brother was in the DAK , was coming home disappled , lost a Arm and a eye , my Opa and one more Brother was coming home , three Sisters are died in Mannheim as the Bomber drops the Bombs

My american Grandfather survived Korea , Died in Vietnam 72 as a MSG in a Jeep accident , near Hue we are told , i remember my Opa as a five year old boy

If somewhere of you on this timeframe this year on his way , let me know

Salute to you all

Ralf
Would like to go home
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

It is possible that my tanks will be on display at an event around that time but we will hold the traditional silence in respect to the fallen and if other exhibitors comply an rc tank gun salute in honour to the veteran/survivor

Not a patch on some of your plans but it is a small token of respect for the fallen and the veteran
It’s your tank it’s what you make it

Return to “General Discussion”