FPV

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
dane61
Lance Corporal

Re: FPV

Post by dane61 »

I have been playing a little with FPV to.
I bourght 2 cheap china cams ( less than 10 usd/piece) with integrated tx. 1 is mounted in the chest of the tiger crewman and powered from the tank accu, via an inline voltage regulator. The crewman is then mounted on top of a servo so the camera can look from side to side undependent of the turret. The other camera is mounted in 1/2 a gas tank from a wpl truck and have a seperate powersupply ( the other box).
The googles are the cheapest from HK.
Attachments
67F8060A-ED87-4A64-B919-2AB0971D80B5.jpeg
67F8060A-ED87-4A64-B919-2AB0971D80B5.jpeg (61.68 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
B29B0189-0D72-46BB-B16C-44AC35C5AADB.jpeg
B29B0189-0D72-46BB-B16C-44AC35C5AADB.jpeg (91.36 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
taigen tiger1 late ir
HL sherman 105mm BB
HL Sherman M4A3E4ish.BB
HL JP recoil, traverse.
HL M26 ir
HL KV1 ir
WsnT34 ir
HL KV2ish
HL Tiger1 early
HL Panzer IV, ir
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Hooben do an FPV kit for the V6 HL (or 6.1) MFU. I'll find the link in minute. Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28579&hilit=FPV+Tiger+1
Here's a video of an improvised unit posted here in 2016:
phpBB [video]

Someone else had an impressive setup a few years back, but I haven't tracked it down just yet.
Cornwall (Kernow) is very nice, and produces lots of kaolin for those post booze and curry sessions :D A lack of major trunks roads means it can be cut off easily by bad weather- as when the A30 was closed back in
https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornw ... 30-2190033
When roads are cut off in Wester Ross...there's always the boat :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Vertigo
Private

Post by Vertigo »

I have removable FPV. The camera is in a housing that looks like a spot light and slots on the MG mount. The batteries are stored in an oil drum mounted on the back of the turret.
Its not elegant but completely removable for other installations.
i love feeding the signal into my TV.
Unfortunately the system isn't strong enough to work through walls etc. But when out it feeds into a screen clipped on the RC controller. The screen is from a car reversing camera kit that cost about £15.
Theres a lot of cameras that Bluetooth to your phone but i don't know how the range works out.
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

I FPV'ed one of the upper hulls on my tiger one. I drilled out the vision slit, added a hollow tube to mount the camera, smoothed it all in with the surrounding area and now have a view similar to the drivers view. Ill get some pictures posted when I get home. I plan on fully repainting the upper hull.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
jstevens
Private

Post by jstevens »

Some good ideas I think I am going to have some fun experimenting with all the possibilities..
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Let's keep this thread alive. I'm sure it's where the future of battling is. One point to add, whether it's using blue tooth or WiFi, the output signal can be picked up by as many viewing devices as have the access password so a whole crew / audience can follow your battle progress! You can even go public live if you want.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jstevens
Private

Post by jstevens »

I can imagine it would give more realism to a battle situation but then I suppose every one would have to use it to make it a fair fight. I suppose it could be something for the future and to be honest looking at what you can spend on a tank the cost of FPV is quite inexpensive.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I guess that if numbers of FPV equipped tanks were low, 3 for example, you could have a free for all. With 4 or more, a 2x2 or more skirmish? It just makes it all more realistic.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jstevens
Private

Post by jstevens »

It would make it far more challenging especially if it had an area where there was obstacle's in the line of sight.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

You can also divide the FPV tanks between the opposing forces. There's no doubt you'll have more successful hits if you have FPV to show you where you're aiming, especially for those across the field at an angle kinda shots.

And you might want to think twice about any tank you're actually trying to drive with bluetooth or wi-fi. Those systems have a serious lag, and by the time you realize there's an obstacle you've already run it down. With a dedicated TX for FPV there is virtually no lag, so no accidental crashes because you didn't see the wall until it was too late!!
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “General Discussion”