New Source for 1/6 tanks??

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

New Source for 1/6 tanks??

Post by Max-U52 »

Take a look at this site

https://www.eaxtoys.com/shop.html

They have 1/6 metal tanks (non RC but possibly convertible), like the Tiger, the PIV, the Hetzer, the T-34, as well as the 250 halftrack and the Puma, most for well under $2,000 USD (the Puma is just under $1,000) and I must admit I'm very tempted. Has anyone ever dealt with these guys, or know anything at all about them? Here's some examples

Less than $1,700 for the Stug or the PIV has me very tempted, but I need to know if they can be RCed.

Whatever anyone can tell me will be appreciated.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: New Source for 1/6 tanks??

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

If you check out the 'About Eaxtoys' link, you'll see a guy (or maybe two) with tinsnips and a few pre-formed parts. My guess is that they're a startup venture- a sort of cottage industry, currently, but hoping to find a place in the market. https://www.eaxtoys.com/about-eaxtoys.html#
There's no doubting that their products look appealing and, to someone who's built a 1/6 Hetzer, even more so, I guess :D Xiaoshan Sailor is the one with all scuttlebutt on Chinese model enterprises, so maybe he'll have a few thoughts for us :)
Temptation? Yeah, it's omnipresent, Gary :haha:
If I lose the will to fight the 1/6 lure, I'll have to part with at least half my 1/16 collection- as I'm running out of space for more models. :problem: I bet I'm not alone with that problem :D
One of these days... ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Static only. I know the seller in Beijing & who told me there is no way you can successfully convert one. BTW, he's not the manufacturer, just a dealer.

You can find him on FB. You'll want through some of the comments / reviews.

https://www.facebook.com/Eax001/
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Who’s Frank Wang, does he have a website, I’d like some of their 1/6 tyres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

You'll find Frank on FB.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Thanks for the info guys. If they can't be converted to RC then they hold absolutely no interest for me. They look good, though.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

midlife306 wrote:Who’s Frank Wang, does he have a website, I’d like some of their 1/6 tyresImage

Please keep us posted with what you find out about tires, Wayne.
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

You could RC a potato if you wanted, it’s down to how much work would be required. I guess that the work required on these would be excessive. If they sold the hull & turret you could print the rest...

midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Max-U52 wrote:
midlife306 wrote:Who’s Frank Wang, does he have a website, I’d like some of their 1/6 tyresImage

Please keep us posted with what you find out about tires, Wayne.
I’m not allowed Facebook, that’s why I asked if he had a website

Vertigo
Private

Post by Vertigo »

Looks like the key point is they are non functional. Im only looking at the pics etc but they probably don't have working suspension etc. 7mm steel seems a bit OTT.
By the time you had rebuilt it to function you would have replaced most of it.

No need to make room. Hinge the sides and make it an enormous cupboard. The ideal storage for your collection. At home in any living room.

Return to “General Discussion”