New Source for 1/6 tanks??

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: New Source for 1/6 tanks??

Post by Max-U52 »

That might be kind of cool, a 1/6 scale tank that's been converted to a carrying case to hold several 1/16 scale tanks.

Wayne, would you like me to contact this guy on Facebook for you? Even though I've never used it, I do have a Facebook account. They made me get one in order to set up the GoFundMe page when Nancy had the biopsy. I never bothered to cancel it out because it is kind of Handy if I want to look at things on Facebook. Even though I've never made a single post and I don't have up a single picture at Facebook, I can still look at everybody else's stuff.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

That would be brilliant Gary, I’d love to know if he would sell the 1/6 scale truck & jeep tyres separately, how much & how to buy them from him.
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Okay, I'll send him a message when I get home from work tonight. Anything else besides just the availability and price on Jeep tires and rims?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Truck tires too Gary, they should be bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

I hate to say it, but if you want quality RC 1/6 Scale the lowest versions are usually the Mark Tanks.

RCTanks.ru, Distributed by Mark Tanks (http://www.mark-1-tank.net/) & www.bigtanks.de (http://www.bigtanks.de/) Pre-Built, used to have Fiberglass lowers, unknown if still that way.
Field of Armor (http://www.fieldofarmortanks.com/) (Build Yourself, Sheet metal & Stampings for lower)
Armortek (https://www.armortek.co.uk/) (Build Yourself, HIGH quality machined components)

Others:
Heng Long has their 1/6 Tiger I (https://www.torro-shop.de)
Metalbox has not updated a website in 5 years
Jimmic
Recruit

Post by Jimmic »

I really don't see why these could not be rc'd. It has been done with the totally plastic Dragon Sherman and Field of Armour's models are not exactly the most robust you will come across. The tracks themselves might be a problem but not insurmountable. Depends on how much work you want to put in I guess. The Barbie walking horses have been rc'd. :D Look at Lorenzo Jalbert's You Tube channel to see what can be done.
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Jimmic wrote:I really don't see why these could not be rc'd. It has been done with the totally plastic Dragon Sherman and Field of Armour's models are not exactly the most robust you will come across. The tracks themselves might be a problem but not insurmountable. Depends on how much work you want to put in I guess. The Barbie walking horses have been rc'd. :D Look at Lorenzo Jalbert's You Tube channel to see what can be done.
You answered the question.
How much time, $$$ and effort is needed to covert something to RC. I've seen resin static models converted to RC (Juckenburg Maus comes to mind) and it is always possible, but converting needs to be within your capabilities, finances and time allotment.

You get someone like BarryC who has been working on his Tusk Abrams for 4 years and yes, you can RC anything you want. But most people are not willing to dedicate/invest that much time and effort.
You get a Dutchman like myself, and I'm hard pressed to pony up for a Clark TK60 board vs a TK22.

As Gary already said, his price point is not that elevated to invest that much AND then make it RC. Everyone has different circumstances and ability to invest in this awesome hobby. Now we are unfortunately changing the direction of this thread which was initially about looking at Eaxtoys and their 1/6th scale tanks. :)
Jimmic
Recruit

Post by Jimmic »

If you are going to get into 1/6 rc tanks/ vehicles there aren't too many alternatives to investing time/effort/money in any combination, unfortunately. There are some scratch builders in the North West who can produce an incredibly detailed tank in the space of months at a fraction of the cost of Armortek etc, but that is because for example they can cast their own tracks in their own scratch built furnace. :D Having said that I have bought 1/6 tanks at less than the cost of what some ask for 1/16 scale stuff.

The original post asked whether these Eax models could be rc'd and the answer is yes, subject to the three requirements mentioned above.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I think I might make an application for dealer to them
And see what comes back.
They are good enough when nothing is the alternative, but the rivet work is pretty rough.
As for Rc-ing them , if you loonies can make a resin Hetzer or static Praga 38t work, then these should be piss-easy !!

I will let you know if I find out anything !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “General Discussion”