orig Pics

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Trora
Corporal

orig Pics

Post by Trora »

Have here a english car in german duty

Gr Ralf
Would like to go home
jarndice
Colonel

Re: orig Pics

Post by jarndice »

Feld Marshal Erwin Rommel's favourite vehicle in North Africa was a captured British Humber Command Car. :thumbup:
Something else about Rommel in the Desert was the sand goggles he wore attached to his cap were actually part of the eye protection that was kept in a side pocket in a British Army Respirator (Gas Mask). :eh:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Trora
Corporal

Post by Trora »

Frontmask is easy to build in scratch and the size will go togheter with a wpl truck

Think i found a future projekt 8O so i think Jugoslavia or Greece , Polizei Division or Prinz Eugen
Would like to go home
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Being trapped at Dunkirk, meant the BEF leaving thousands of vehicles behind. The Wehrmacht relied heavily on horses for transportation in WW2, and so were very grateful for any wheels the Brits left behind. :D
The Universal Carrier was very popular with German troops, for example, and many had to be abandoned (if hastily hobbled) on the road to Dunkirk, and on the beaches.
This example looks like the 4WD Bedford 15 CWT (Hundredweight) G5. Here's another example. It remained in British hands throughout the War. ;)
Bedford 15CWT GS
Bedford 15CWT GS
It worked both ways, however, as the Brits managed to acquire a fair bit of German equipment during the war (including Tiger 131 :thumbup: ). Then again, this Spitfire became a particular favourite among Luftwaffe pilots during the War. It crashlanded, and was put back into flying condition by Luftwaffe engineers...but with a massive difference: a Daimler-Benz engine. :D The resultant hybrid 'MesserSpit' (Mk V Spitfire +
Messerschmidt Daimler-Benz engine, wiring, and guns) was faster than the Spitfire, and could outmanoeuvre the BF109.
MesserSpit circa 1943
MesserSpit circa 1943
https://aviationhumor.net/messerspit-th ... ire-en830/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Discussion”