NICE WORK ON DISPLAY but at what cost ??

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

NICE WORK ON DISPLAY but at what cost ??

Post by HERMAN BIX »

https://customtankfigure.com/shop-tanks.html

Sure does nice work, and judging by the list of inclusions, they would not be cheap!!
Outsides only of course, but shows what can be done with enough practice.(and cash!)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: NICE WORK ON DISPLAY but at what cost ??

Post by midlife306 »

Think it’s a case of if you’ve got to ask the price you can’t afford them Doh!
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

"..All that glisters is not gold.." (Yep, Shakespeare wrote 'glisters' not 'glitters', and he never saw a Panzer IV :D )
Nicely decked out, with a long list of mods and yet missing a really crucial one: the Panzer IV had a sloped engine deck, not a level one.
Click to ENLARGE comparison
Top-Tamiya a correct engine deck slope. Bottom-HL-a wrong 'un
Top-Tamiya a correct engine deck slope. Bottom-HL-a wrong 'un
Munster DAK Panzer IV F2
Munster DAK Panzer IV F2
munster-panzer-IV-tank.jpg (71.84 KiB) Viewed 1527 times
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I guess that if they are made to order you can specify what electronics you want fitted.

Whilst we can comment on how well they are cosmetically finished, and they are, as modelers do we want to purchase 'masterpieces' made by someone else or do we try to emulate their skills ourselves? Do most of us not strip down the RTR models we buy to rebuild them properly, our way? Just a thought, but they do look good.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

General Jumbo01 wrote:I guess that if they are made to order you can specify what electronics you want fitted.

Whilst we can comment on how well they are cosmetically finished, and they are, as modelers do we want to purchase 'masterpieces' made by someone else or do we try to emulate their skills ourselves? Do most of us not strip down the RTR models we buy to rebuild them properly, our way? Just a thought, but they do look good.

Yes, GJ., we do generally strip 'em down, and customise them according to the extent to which we are afflicted by the Rivettus Counterius Syndrome. :lolno:
However, for those who wish for a model with Museum quality looks, any tank-enhancement Genie hoping to grant that wish, ought to iron out the most notorious inaccuracies first. :|
Adapting a Tamiya upper hull, and integrating into the build, would be one way of granting the wish...
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Absolutely agree. An artistic masterpiece painted on a cornflakes packet doesn't cut it! It needs to be RIGHT before you start applying the niceties. I wonder what they are asking for their efforts? I also wonder if they want prepayment? I recall reading on this forum of characters who advertise services, take the money and run.

No, if you want a 100% quality product, buy from me. £10k per item, 5yr build period. 'Whatyoudreamof.com', 13274 Chalrea St, Vulgaria, PI5 5TKE.

Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

They were selling some of these through this page. When I checked on price I think they were asking $2000 to $4000 CDN....

https://www.germanmilitaria.com/Models/ModelsToys1.html
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

[quote="

I would rather build my own anyway..

Cheers![/quote]
Amen :thumbup: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Eastern Front wrote:
dgsselkirk wrote:They were selling some of these through this page. When I checked on price I think they were asking $2000 to $4000 CDN....

https://www.germanmilitaria.com/Models/ModelsToys1.html
Well, looking at those prices (Pluto) I would think they would use a quality base like Tamiya, they don't---Shame

I would rather build my own anyway..

Cheers!
Yeah, as mentioned above, prOper canvas or cereal box. Still, the work put into this makes the price look reasonable. I stumbled across some professional painting services for table top games. What they ask for there paint jobs looka like over the top on first glance. But considering the amount of time put into this. It is reasonable. Will do it mz way anyears.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The name of the Forum is RC Tank warfare and when I see eye bleeding prices for a 1/16 Tank my first reaction is would any sane person spend that kind of money on a Tank and then drive the thing across a British Garden in January :lolno:
These vehicles are shelf queens and I am not sure they really fit into the remit of the Forum,
Those of us who have driven a 1/16 Tank across a British Garden at any time of the year have long since come to terms with having to search through the petunias for dislodged Tank bits afterwards.
I doubt that many of us would risk losing £££ of parts for a few minutes run in the Garden.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Discussion”