NICE WORK ON DISPLAY but at what cost ??

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: NICE WORK ON DISPLAY but at what cost ??

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I wish I could paint mine that good!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

jarndice wrote: These vehicles are shelf queens and I am not sure they really fit into the remit of the Forum.
l reckon you're right there. They show great static model making skills but to ask so much for a HL based tank suggests little knowledge of our RC hobby.

That said, its what we do all the time....come to think of it, it's what I'm doing right now! Doh!! Anyone want an upgraded Leopard 2 in custom pink and orange complete with scale blown nitro V12, say £5000?

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

jarndice wrote:The name of the Forum is RC Tank warfare and when I see eye bleeding prices for a 1/16 Tank my first reaction is would any sane person spend that kind of money on a Tank and then drive the thing across a British Garden in January :lolno:
These vehicles are shelf queens and I am not sure they really fit into the remit of the Forum,
Those of us who have driven a 1/16 Tank across a British Garden at any time of the year have long since come to terms with having to search through the petunias for dislodged Tank bits afterwards.
I doubt that many of us would risk losing £££ of parts for a few minutes run in the Garden.
I've got just as much etch on many of my tanks and happily drive them through my winter lawn....construct it right, use the right bits and that shelf queen can be quite tough.

There was me thinking this was a welcoming forum for all things rctank I didn't realise this forum was "rctankwarfare but only for rugged tanks which don't spend most of their time on shelves".
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

I agree with tomhugill, PE just requires some brass or copper wire for fixing thro the hull or turret. Paint jobs are time consuming and time is money.

Return to “General Discussion”