M47 Patton

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
JohnWhyte
Corporal

M47 Patton

Post by JohnWhyte »

I'm wondering how to make a M47 Patton I was thinking to adapt a bulldog turret for a pershing hull or I could put a bulldog mantlet on to to pershing turret
T-34
2 Pz.4
Korean Pershing
2 M50
2 M51
M1
2 King Tiger
2 Jagdpanzer E75
Alligator
E25 Ausf D
E75
E50
T32
Radar Panther
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: M47 Patton

Post by forgebear »

hi john pershing base and top deck use the bulldog exhaust and reshape the bulldog turret
and your about good to go
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

The M47 turret does not have easy shapes to repro, quite different than the M41.

There is an ongoing build on RCU.

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tan ... build.html
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I did the 3D printing for the project Louis posted the link for, I still have the stl files, but you'll need to contact Rich Johnson, get the name of the designer, contact him and get permission (I'm sure there's a fee), and then we can get you rollin'. There are a couple guys over there I'd trust to send the files to if they want to print them for you. I'm all about free sharing of files, and if this was my design I'd give them to you at no charge, but I promised Rich I wouldn't share these without permission from the designer, and you know how it is, once you give your word ... 8)
Last edited by Max-U52 on Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Also, you should take a good long look at Rich Johnson's thread. There is a LOT of work to get the lower hull right. It really is a huge project. Rich is knockin' it out of the park, but he's tearing out a few hairs along the way.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “General Discussion”