Taigen/ Henglong BB design issues

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Taigen/ Henglong BB design issues

Post by ronnie42 »

Trying to fit the main gun guard on a Panther F . Usual crap gun pivot point wrong place .Tiger 1 is easy, just drill thro the external pivot positions for the correct pivot point. The mantlet will now move correctly. Is this a throwback to the BB design. NO WAY can you improve gun travel without chopping up the mantlet if the guard is fitted.. Looks ok head on but side view is terrible. Will buy a 1/35 Panther F to check gun pivot and mantlet shape , a least with 1/35 its 99% accurate. The Panther G was almost spot on , so why can't they get it correct across the range?
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Taigen/ Henglong BB design issues

Post by jarndice »

Until Taigen re-engineered the Panzer 4 Turret a couple of years back the main gun mantlet was a visual disaster,
I was able to reduce one side with an Exacto saw to get it correct but the coaxial MG was in the wrong place on the other side and could not be made right so imagine my pleasure when the new re-modelled turret was released.
Its only failing is the permanently fitted cupola which makes converting it from a twin hatch to a single to emulate the Ausf H and J quite challenging,
Taigen and Heng Long are slowly getting their various failings sorted but there are still some really basic shortcomings that probably wont get fixed because of the cost in commissioning new pressings,
And that's why we research and fix it ourselves with the aid of the aftermarket upgrades :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Discussion”