Incredible miniature weapons...

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Incredible miniature weapons...

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

One man's meat is another man's..well...machine gun :D Yep, guns are always controversial, but these functioning miniatures exhibit the sort of breathtaking craftsmanship, and fine detail, that any modelling enthusiast can appreciate. The alluring novelty factor is only a small part of the attraction... ;)
phpBB [video]

...and here again, wouldn't you just like to get your mitts on this wee piece? Be honest :D
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Incredible miniature weapons...

Post by BarryC »

Fantastic! Those are just neater than dirt. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for posting,
Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I'm assuming the 22 caliber Browning will only fire in semi automatic? What kind of Hoops will you guys have to jump through for something like that in the UK, where you're not fortunate enough to have the Second Amendment?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:I'm assuming the 22 caliber Browning will only fire in semi automatic? What kind of Hoops will you guys have to jump through for something like that in the UK, where you're not fortunate enough to have the Second Amendment?
Yes, Gary, I think these can only fire in semi- mode. There is a mention of how this type of working replica can be defined in law. Apparently, the designer was not allowed to manufacture it in full auto mode.
Even in the US, however, most ordinary citizens are not allowed fully automatic weapons as I understand it. Private citizens are not allowed to own an automatic weapon manufactured after 1986. I guess this might also apply to a half-size .22 firing MG replica. https://thefederalist.com/2017/10/02/ac ... -guns-u-s/
Special licences have to be held for machine guns made before 1986.
In the UK, I believe only the armed services have access to automatic weapons, with practically no exceptions...and crooks, of course.
Guns you can own in the UK:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1054208/pg1
I even have to have a Firearms certificate for my Walther Air Rifle, in Scotland. :|
Maybe one of these wouldn't raise a judge's eyebrows :D
phpBB [video]

It's a cute idea; but would probably need a certidicate too. ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hmmm, now how am I going to get that into a tank?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “General Discussion”