Merry Christmas!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!

Postby BarryC » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:07 pm

Merry Christmas to all you merry modelers! :angel:

Barry
BarryC
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Postby Jimster » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:27 pm

Thank you and Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a safe and warm cozy day. I raise my glass to all our fellow RC tankers (that’s a lot of glasses by the way).

Jimster
Sergeant

Postby chris.alliss » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:20 pm

Ill se your merry christmas and raise you all a happy new year...

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

chris.alliss
Recruit

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:53 pm

And a murry hic Clristmouse to ya wall. . . .

Maybe I shouldn't have attempted to raise a glass to you all ;)

I hope you're all having a great time, I know I am, I've just finished an early dinner and I'm stuffed :D
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Max-U52 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:29 pm

Son of a gun-ner wrote:And a murry hic Clristmouse to ya wall. . . .

I hope you're all having a great time, I know I am, I've just finished an early dinner and I'm stuffed :D

What did you have? It's not even lunchtime here yet. I've always been unconventional about holiday meals. For Thanksgiving this year we did pot roast and for Christmas we're doing the whole pork chop dinner, with stuffing, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, the whole nine yards. For New Year's Day I'm thinking we might go Mexican, Just for kicks. Anybody else doing something unconventional, or will you mostly be doing ham or turkey? Goose is really big in the UK, isn't it? I'll have to try that one day.

Frohe Weihnachten!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby Von Mooflesaaa » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:14 pm

Merry christmas guys. Santa brought me a taigen panzer iv metal. Just digging through it now. One thing I've noticed is its kit form. But no instructions. Fun times ahead.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Von Mooflesaaa
Lance Corporal

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:24 pm

Max-U52 wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:And a murry hic Clristmouse to ya wall. . . .

What did you have? It's not even lunchtime here yet. I've always been unconventional about holiday meals. For Thanksgiving this year we did pot roast and for Christmas we're doing the whole pork chop dinner, with stuffing, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, the whole nine yards. For New Year's Day I'm thinking we might go Mexican, Just for kicks. Anybody else doing something unconventional, or will you mostly be doing ham or turkey? Goose is really big in the UK, isn't it? I'll have to try that one day.

Frohe Weihnachten!!

.... :crazy: Roast potatoes; homemade Yorkshire pudding (yes, I can cook a bit- :| I have to, in fact :lolno: )..Brussels Sprouts (even the dogs are driven off by the gasses they generate :haha: ); Onion gravy (but with a bit of chilli and tomato); roast stuffed chicken breast, and horseradish sauce (love it). Horseradish normally goes with beef, but it's great for clearing the sinuses....all the better to appreciate a glass
of Prosecco. This- followed by two generous glasses of Glenmorangie 10-year old single malt whisky (and I mean GENEROUS :D ). After which, a paracetemol for the ensuing headache :haha:
Merry Hangovers, boys.. :thumbup:
Alles Gute!! Mahlzeit! ;)
43rdRecceReg
Captain

Postby Jimster » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:44 pm

Mmm mmm! We had Italian beef on sourdough with potatoes au gratin, macaroni and cheese and whiskey and Stella Artois. Forgive my spelling. I blame the Stella.

Jimster
Sergeant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:50 pm

Max-U52 wrote:What did you have?

I had a normal stuffed with sage and onion stuffing mixed with sausage meat roast turkey that had the breast covered/protected with pork belly skin (turns to crackling) and bacon which obviously goes crispy, all to help keep the turkey from drying out. Alongside that was the pork belly, and the ribs. Plus pigs in blankets, and cheese in blankets. Roast potatos, roast parsnips, carrots, beetroot and mushrooms. Also steamed broccoli and lashings of gravy. And yes, also had brussel sprouts, but they were quartered and fried with bacon bits.

And I've just woken from my food and prosecco induced nap, just in time for desert, Yule log and cream :D
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Max-U52 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:56 pm

Excellent. Another parsnip fan. Love those things. They were in the pot roast at thanksgiving. And now you have some excellent turkey sandwiches to look forward to, done best open-faced with gravy (IMHO).

Sounds like there's lots of good eats going on today, makes me wish i could go to everybody's house for dinner all at once. 8)
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby Max-U52 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:59 pm

Von Mooflesaaa wrote:Merry christmas guys. Santa brought me a taigen panzer iv metal. Just digging through it now. One thing I've noticed is its kit form. But no instructions. Fun times ahead.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

We'll get you some instructions for that, and I have both winter and summer versions if you need photos of anything. Might be a good idea to start a build thread, and maybe one where guys can show off Christmas gifts of the tracked variety? Santa was good to you. 8)
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:23 pm

Should have mentioned, the pork belly and ribs were honey glazed :thumbup:
We will be having a cold meat meal tomorrow with pickles and salad, and I'll freeze the left over Turkey in gravy, in portions, for another time. I do that kind of thing with most roast joints, cook an oversized joint, and freeze what's left over mixed in the extra gravy in portion sizes in saved Chinese take away containers.

As for presents, I got a rather nice dremel drill stand and watch repairs vice from one daughter :D
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby 971wright » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:00 am

Merry Christmas to all on the forum, hope you were all good boys and Santa left you some nice stuff.

regards pete

971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Postby HERMAN BIX » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:08 am

Gday fellas, merry Xmas all round.
We had a seafood salad platter with massive prawns, bugs, crabs and a crayfish , followed by the usual roast meats and veggies.
No tank stuff but that’s a year round gift not a one day thing!!
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby Jimster » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:05 am

“bugs”!!?? 8O

Jimster
Sergeant

Postby rmichalbarna » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:32 am

Friends also wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2020! A lot of beautiful events where we meet. Michael

rmichalbarna
Private

Postby Vanguard » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:13 am

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all got nice tank presents, I got a lower sherman chassis ready for the "firefly " upper kit I bought a little while ago :).
Attachments
FB_IMG_1576093039970.jpg
FB_IMG_1576093039970.jpg (19.91 KiB) Viewed 227 times
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Postby PainlessWolf » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Good Morning,
Back at work today but the Day Itself was a feast of good things! I made my Meatloaf and there were mashed potatoes and buttered veggies and my egg salad with chocolate cake for dessert. Ate way to much as always. ;o) Santa Claws brought me a Tissot pocket watch to replace my elderly Swiss Army one. Some Papo dinosaur figures were added and for tank stuff, I received a very nice Guido Henn model idler brace for the IS-2.
moving along into the New Year!
Painless
PainlessWolf
Major

Postby General Jumbo01 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:33 pm

Merry Christmas everyone. My kids bought me a new tank kit to build so Ill create a new build thread to keep you in the picture. It's a fantastic example of a ...... No, don't want to spoil the surprise. You WILL be envious though! ;D :sick:
General Jumbo01
Staff Sergeant

Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:23 pm

General Jumbo01 wrote:Merry Christmas everyone. My kids bought me a new tank kit to build so Ill create a new build thread to keep you in the picture. It's a fantastic example of a ...... No, don't want to spoil the surprise. You WILL be envious though! ;D :sick:

Don't keep us in suspenders, GJ :) Could it be one of these:
phpBB [video]
43rdRecceReg
Captain

Next

Return to General Discussion