Large Collection

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Rhodey
Recruit

Large Collection

Post by Rhodey »

Hi, I've joined in order to gain more information and hopefully a value on his collection of rc tanks. I have pictures and any further information needed just ask and I'll do my best to answer.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cCFJzT9c3agDnx268
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Large Collection

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I'm assuming these belonged, or still belong, to your Father, or perhaps Grandfather? :)

Edit: now that I know the circumstances; my condolences to you.
. Judging by your Dad's collection, he must have been quite a character, and someone to be proud of.
I'm sure you have lots of good memories to treasure in the future.
I lost my Dad almost thirty years ago, but often think of him with great fondness.
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rhodey
Recruit

Post by Rhodey »

Sorry yeah they belonged to my late father.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Hi, I’m really sorry for your loss!!!
Resale value depends on the manufacturer, age & the specification.
The tanks with the wire aerials on board are old 27mhz versions, so low spec compared to the current 2.4ghz versions.
If you look on eBay a brand new Tiger 1 with the latest electronics sell for £88.
Where about in the country are you, it may help people to avoid post charges.
Personally I could be interested in the Tiger 2 on the windowsill if the price is right.
Also the gun on the wall in the background interests me greatly.
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rhodey
Recruit

Post by Rhodey »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm in Stafford, it's not really to value be good for them to go to someone who will appreciate them. The gun is a deactivated mg42
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hello, and welcome aboard from Detroit, and I too am very sorry to hear about your loss. Both my parents are gone and I have to admit, I miss them every day. Your father had a very nice collection of Tanks, and I'm sure in the UK you'll be able to find good homes for them. There are a lot of members right here on this forum that might be interested.

I did not see a deactivated mg42 in your photos, are you talking about an actual mg42 that's been demilitarized? That would be a very, very interesting piece. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to buy it, but I'd be happy just to see a couple of photos. ;)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Rhodey
Recruit

Post by Rhodey »

There real weapons from ww2 that have been deactivated.

Click to see pictures
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mqwDkrnTVftD4KP9A
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Beautiful stuff!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Those are just amazing. How much do you want for the mg42? I have to admit I'm quite tempted.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
tankme

Post by tankme »

Sorry for your loss. That MG-42 is very nice. I saw one fire in person and it fired nasty fast. The alias nick name of buzz saw was well earned.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “General Discussion”