Heng Long CNC Metal Tiger I

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
SteelBird
Corporal

Heng Long CNC Metal Tiger I

Post by SteelBird »

This Vietnamese guy has just purchased a full metal Tiger I from Heng Long, he claims it costs him 40 million VND which roughly equals to US$1,726. It was claimed to be made by CNC technology on the box. The guy was too nervous about his new toy that he didn't put it directly to the ground and he didn't find the switch to turn it on or how to shoot the BB. Anyway, enjoy the video.

H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
SteelBird
Corporal

Re: Heng Long CNC Metal Tiger I

Post by SteelBird »

Another video of the Metal Tiger running on dirt

H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Not going to lie, looks mighty fine all metaled up.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

I think Heng Long learn a bit about the "complete rectangular" frontal armor of the Tiger 1. The external appearance looks fine, don't know what's inside. I find two faults on this tank; first, the spare tracks are simply hanged on the turret, then, the tank runs too fast. Since they use CNC technology, I think this tank is made upon order. They aren't mast produced.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

SteelBird wrote:I think Heng Long learn a bit about the "complete rectangular" frontal armor of the Tiger 1. The external appearance looks fine, don't know what's inside. I find two faults on this tank; first, the spare tracks are simply hanged on the turret, then, the tank runs too fast. Since they use CNC technology, I think this tank is made upon order. They aren't mast produced.
When you say HL 'learn a bit about the "completely rectangular" frontal armor..' do you mean that they've finally found out that it's not rectangular, in reality? (the top side of the front plate slopes away at the edges on the real Tiger.)
I couldn't tell from the video. Tamiya, and Hooben have the correct shape; but Taigen and Heng Long have completely overlooked this significant detail for years (it's one that really bugs me >:< ).
This model looks impressive, and has barrel recoil; but does it have BB capability with Barrel recoil, like Taigen's airsoft version?
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

It could be using the v6.2 mfu as that supports all those functions (as currently offered on upgraded plastic types on eBay, China sales and Haya Conquerer model).

Nice looking model that will lose its visual appeal as soon as it is painted and give you a hernia! Okay, l'm just jealous...
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
SteelBird wrote:I think Heng Long learn a bit about the "complete rectangular" frontal armor of the Tiger 1. The external appearance looks fine, don't know what's inside. I find two faults on this tank; first, the spare tracks are simply hanged on the turret, then, the tank runs too fast. Since they use CNC technology, I think this tank is made upon order. They aren't mast produced.
When you say HL 'learn a bit about the "completely rectangular" frontal armor..' do you mean that they've finally found out that it's not rectangular, in reality? (the top side of the front plate slopes away at the edges on the real Tiger.)
I couldn't tell from the video. Tamiya, and Hooben have the correct shape; but Taigen and Heng Long have completely overlooked this significant detail for years (it's one that really bugs me >:< ).
This model looks impressive, and has barrel recoil; but does it have BB capability with Barrel recoil, like Taigen's airsoft version?
This is the most closeup screenshot I could get. What do your eyes tell you? is there a slop on the edge? you judge it! on the first video, the guy pour a lot of BB into the turret, so sad he could find out how to shoot it, the second video show a recoil effect, however, no BB comes out. I'm not sure if there are two different version of this tank. With the finish on the surface of the tank, I guess HL expects buyers not to paint it. For me, it is a perfect desktop queen.

PS. If I own one of this Tigers, the first thing I would do is to remove the HL brand plate on the frontal armor.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Thanks but have seen several in person along with its larger 1/8 & 1/6 cousins & can say its not worth the money. FMP's 1/16 KT which I have on order, is better detailed & more accurate at less cost. Best of all, it won't come with a builder's plate attached to the front hull. :haha:
IMG_4457.jpeg
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Thanks but have seen several in person along with its larger 1/8 & 1/6 cousins & can say its not worth the money. FMP's 1/16 KT which I have on order, is better detailed & more accurate at less cost. Best of all, it won't come with a builder's plate attached to the front hull. :haha:
IMG_4457.jpeg
Well, I'm out of the business now. All my tanks (actually not many) are sitting on display now. Some even have bad battery due long time no use. I just watching and admiring people playing with their models. And, congratulation for your new King Tiger. Show us when it arrive!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Heard, same happens with me. Mostly shelf queens. FMP only does limited runs so after these 20 KT go, they'll proceed with their three pending 1/6 models before venturing into 1/10. That said they do a good business locally updating HL's metal monsters like this HL 1/8 Tiger shown on their FB page.
WechatIMG89.jpeg

Return to “General Discussion”