Panther in the Basement - Update

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Panther in the Basement - Update

Post by Max-U52 »

I know there's a thread on this somewhere but I can't find it. I stumbled across this year old video on the Heikendorf seizure and found it extremely informative. I never knew the British had a small factory turning out Panthers after the war. Anyway, I hope this guy gets his stuff back, but it doesn't look good.

phpBB [video]

And those guys that messed up the suspension need a good kick in the ass. Now I'll have to see if I can find any info since this was made. With a tank that's worth 2.5 million USD I don't see the government giving it up without one hell of a fight.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Panther in the Basement - Update

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I posted a pic back in 2017, Gary:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14376&p=200906&hil ... ed#p200906
while Wibbly opened a thread on it here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17920&hilit=panther+in+basement
It was brazen (well, steel steal) theft on the part of the German authorities. >:< Next, they'll be asking Interpol to seize Tiger 131, and return it to the Fatherland. If so, they can also have all of their bombs and bullets back too... :lolno:
Lately, I've become a fan of mark Felton's videos. They're well researched, and well presented. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I just thought it made a good update, as of this past January the tank was still in the hands of the authorithieves, oops, the authorities, and I really like the part about the Brits keeping the Panther factory going after the war and building 20-some Panthers and JPs for study. Makes me wonder, had they been able to predict the Panthers would one day be worth millions, would they have built more? :think:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Well if he hadn't of wanted his toys confiscated he shoudn't have had all of those highly illegal Nazi stone eagle status in his basement, and probably should cooperated when the police started asking him about his involvememt in handling and/or hiding looted Nazi paintings.
Failure to cooperate in any Police matter in any country will likely result in some kind of siezure of property that could be considered as evidence. Suggesting he is somehow an innocent victim of 'government theft' is particularly laughable in this case.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Tiger6 wrote:Well if he hadn't of wanted his toys confiscated he shoudn't have had all of those highly illegal Nazi stone eagle status in his basement, and probably should cooperated when the police started asking him about his involvememt in handling and/or hiding looted Nazi paintings.
Failure to cooperate in any Police matter in any country will likely result in some kind of siezure of property that could be considered as evidence. Suggesting he is somehow an innocent victim of 'government theft' is particularly laughable in this case.
:) , Well, it was meant to be satirical ;)

Incidentally, Gary, the Panther on the ground floor at Bovington (unless they've moved it since my last visit) was one of those completed under British auspices.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Discussion”