Cromwell from Hooben

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Re: Cromwell from Hooben

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Kaczor wrote:You should open separate topic for 3D printed Cromwell to to avoid confusion...
Tomas will be posting his own thread soon so thats it from me. As one person over at RCU said earlier today:
They're like buses, you wait for hours (years) and then three come along at once!
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

So you're saying Clark's Cromwell is coming soon too? :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I reckon I have a better chance of kissing the Tooth Fairy on the ass.................. :think: :shifty:
Lets just wait & see............. :yawn:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Kaczor wrote:So you're saying Clark's Cromwell is coming soon too? :D
You funny man, Joe. Nope, didn't say that. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I do know one thing & that is I'll not send anymore money Hooben's way. :thumbdown:
tankme

Post by tankme »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:I do know one thing & that is I'll not send anymore money Hooben's way. :thumbdown:
Leaning this way as I'm having a hell of a time trying to get the Hooben ZTZ-99A back to a working state as the gearboxes are non-standard. I can't get the mounting points to line up with a PDSGB or any standard HL gearbox.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

tankme wrote:
Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:I do know one thing & that is I'll not send anymore money Hooben's way. Image
Leaning this way as I'm having a hell of a time trying to get the Hooben ZTZ-99A back to a working state as the gearboxes are non-standard. I can't get the mounting points to line up with a PDSGB or any standard HL gearbox.
What was the issue with the hooben gears?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
tankme

Post by tankme »

They use the double flats on the output shaft and it came with plastic sprockets. I'm trying to get metal sprockets to mate with them. The ZTZ-99A uses a knock off Leopard track and sprocket. Tamiya Leo sprockets won't work at all and so far the HL sprocket won't either as it is too wide to fit under the ZTZ track sponsons. The shaft of the gearboxes would need to be modified to even fit the single flat version of the Leo sprockets. This is all besides the fact they are loud and slower than they should be for this tank.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

They use the double flats on the output shaft and it came with plastic sprockets. I'm trying to get metal sprockets to mate with them. The ZTZ-99A uses a knock off Leopard track and sprocket. Tamiya Leo sprockets won't work at all and so far the HL sprocket won't either as it is too wide to fit under the ZTZ track sponsons. The shaft of the gearboxes would need to be modified to even fit the single flat version of the Leo sprockets. This is all besides the fact they are loud and slower than they should be for this tank.
Classic Feng/Ark/Hooben mindset: "I shall force the masses to bend to my standard than adopt anything currently available on the market." Don't lose sleep waiting for those metal upgrades to show up.

Understand he already plans to release metal track for the Cromwell but has no plans for sprockets... just like for his other 1/16 models. No worries, mon! Those PLA sprockets can handle it :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you cannot make something of this wondrous opportunity then you are in the wrong employment :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Anyone receive their Hooben Cromwell yet?
Waiting-Skeleton-Meme-Funny-Image-Photo-Joke-14.jpg
Waiting-Skeleton-Meme-Funny-Image-Photo-Joke-14.jpg (32.71 KiB) Viewed 913 times

Return to “General Discussion”