no more tammy parts?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
titan.26
Recruit

no more tammy parts?

Post by titan.26 »

while trying to complete my beloved 2a4 Tamiya hybrid project I began the task of ordering parts , Natasha at aaf tank museum has been a godsend , reordering , backordering and the like , thank god for people like her . ok so its transmission time , got a spare case ? yep , set of gears ? yep , gear shafts ? yep , what about that fabled hub bag ? DISCONTINUED !!! arghhhh! foiled by the cruel gods of fate ! oh well maybe I can figure something out , after all Carson does make a few select gears that may help . ok so here's my biggest concern , I have a completed tam. 2a6 , I am currently building a tam. 2a7+ , and am steadily collecting parts for my 2a4 , folks that's three of these things ! so what happens a few clicks down the road when I and others like me need replacement parts for these treasures of dedication ? is it time to get out while the getting is good ? idk , man I hate to have something that if it breaks im sol . if anyone has any congenial thoughts or words of wisdom , I have plenty of time .
Harry Serpent
Private

Re: no more tammy parts?

Post by Harry Serpent »

Harry Serpent Profesional Coffin Dodger.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

The gearbox bags have been discontinued before and I'm sure they will be back at some point. I've been told that the 105 Sherman's has been discontinued but again sure that'll be back

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi,
i spoke with Axel (Axel´s Modellbau Shop) some days ago.
Tamiya discontinued some Kits and Spare-Parts but did not send information to the dealer.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Perhaps that's why my new kit from Axel's was a good price , £200 cheaper than UK suppliers.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

ronnie42 wrote:Perhaps that's why my new kit from Axel's was a good price , £200 cheaper than UK suppliers.
No UK suppliers just take the mick

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
titan.26
Recruit

Post by titan.26 »

yes those hub bags are all discontinued , I have tried to order them , no luck , we will have to wait for after market support . type 10 , abrams , and leopard all use those hubs , this a great opportunity for someone with a small lathe , hint , hint .oh well back to gundam modelling :|
r32
Lance Corporal

Post by r32 »

If all else fails, there are these. Although in practice I notice they crack around the four screws used to fasten them to the hull. Even if they are cracked, it doesn't seem to affect their function, though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142391428218?e ... SwT-Bc0VAM
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi you can try here https://afv-model.com/?suchen=leopard%201

regards pete
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Think I've got a pair of those some where