Tamiya Gearboxes

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Tamiya Gearboxes

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It's a terrible shame that Rene Seidel doesn't ship his wares outside of Germany, as the Tamiya stock listings for the website are pretty amazing. :) Still, the site can still be used as a reference source.
One example, below, is the Tamiya Gearbox housing. I discovered that it is actually identical for most of the major models, with the exception of the Panzer IV. This means that any box can be adapted to fit other models in the list below, so long as the correct driveshaft are fitted, and the correct standoffs used. In some instances, (given that the shaft is only held in by a circlip, and can be removed in seconds) anyone with a bit of milling skill could even adapt a driveshaft to fit another model.
Here's the housing:
Tamiya Gearbox Housing- Jagdpanther
Tamiya Gearbox Housing- Jagdpanther
Click on the pic to ENLARGE it...
Here's the portal into the pages of Tamiya treasures in stock there.
https://www.modellbau-seidel.de/index.p ... zteile.web
It's a pity that individual driveshafts are not listed here, along with their part numbers. Maybe I missed them.
No one would want to throw a perfectly usable gearbox unit away, just because of damage to the driveshaft- and so, it must be possible to obtain them somewhere. :think: At least with part numbers- provided by this site- (for myriad other sprues and bits), it's easier to begin a trawl of the 'net. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Tamiya Gearboxes

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Since I raised the Tamiya gearbox topic, I wonder, does anyone happen to have any Tamiya Panther boxes for sale?
Fat chance, probably, but worth asking. :| They're not currently available on Axel's inventory...
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Discussion”