How good or bad are mark-1-tank models

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
terry1956
Recruit

Post by terry1956 »

Hi chaps.can anyone please let me know how good or bad mark-1-tank models are. How good and hard wearing is the f/g hull on the tanks. Are there improvements to be made. Thanks
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: How good or bad are mark-1-tank models

Post by Kaczor »

Mark I? Are there any models of it?
Attachments
British_Mark_I_Tank.jpg
British_Mark_I_Tank.jpg (83.47 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Kaczor wrote:Mark I? Are there any models of it?
I think Terry is referring to the manufacturer rather than the tank model. http://www.mark-1-tank.net/
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Kaczor, MK 1 Tanks is a company in southern England that makes large scale Tanks 1/4, 1/6,1/8 scale, to order.
They make a very nice Tiger 1. :thumbup: as well as other Tanks although I do not know if they make a Mark 1 Replica.
Not cheap but very good quality.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimmic
Recruit

Post by Jimmic »

terry1956 wrote:Hi chaps.can anyone please let me know how good or bad mark-1-tank models are. How good and hard wearing is the f/g hull on the tanks. Are there improvements to be made. Thanks
Hi just joined here ( I have introduced myself in accordance with the rules :D ).
With regard to Mark 1 Tanks I would strongly suggest you take a good look at one before committing to buy. They do look the part and they have their fans, but the models (made in Russia) are quite crude in some respects especially the running gear, and the glass bodies are prone to warping and damage unless you are very careful. The electronics come in one shrink wrapped package made in Russia and have to be returned there in the event of failure (don't know if this has changed recently). Usual tactic is to replace all the electrics with a better system. The good news is that they can be bought cheaply second hand ( paid £500 for a King Tiger last year and the same for a Tiger 1 ) and the importer Mark is incredibly helpful. A lot of modellers replace the whole of the chassis with a steel one (custom made). Don't get me wrong you can have hours of fun with them but to my mind you can't compare to the likes of Armortek. All depends on your budget, but good luck with what you decide. If I can help further let me know.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimmic wrote:
terry1956 wrote:Hi chaps.can anyone please let me know how good or bad mark-1-tank models are. How good and hard wearing is the f/g hull on the tanks. Are there improvements to be made. Thanks
Hi just joined here ( I have introduced myself in accordance with the rules :D ).
With regard to Mark 1 Tanks I would strongly suggest you take a good look at one before committing to buy. They do look the part and they have their fans, but the models (made in Russia) are quite crude in some respects especially the running gear, and the glass bodies are prone to warping and damage unless you are very careful. The electronics come in one shrink wrapped package made in Russia and have to be returned there in the event of failure (don't know if this has changed recently). Usual tactic is to replace all the electrics with a better system. The good news is that they can be bought cheaply second hand ( paid £500 for a King Tiger last year and the same for a Tiger 1 ) and the importer Mark is incredibly helpful. A lot of modellers replace the whole of the chassis with a steel one (custom made). Don't get me wrong you can have hours of fun with them but to my mind you can't compare to the likes of Armortek. All depends on your budget, but good luck with what you decide. If I can help further let me know.

A timely, and informative mini review, Jimmic :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

My bad :D
terry1956
Recruit

Post by terry1956 »

Thanks chaps. So the base line is, buy cheap and improve. Armouries May be good, but I paid less for my car. I think that finding information on the electrical upgrades is a problem for me. What outlets are there in the UK for speed controllers, etc here in the UK.
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

terry1956 wrote:Thanks chaps. So the base line is, buy cheap and improve. Armouries May be good, but I paid less for my car. I think that finding information on the electrical upgrades is a problem for me. What outlets are there in the UK for speed controllers, etc here in the UK.
Have a look at Hobbyking or Amazon/eBay (make sure it’s a UK seller for better delivery times).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
terry1956
Recruit

Post by terry1956 »

Thanks will do.

Return to “General Discussion”