Another Panzer I... Spanish version!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Another Panzer I... Spanish version!

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi guys. Yep, another Panzer I. I am 99% sure this is a Takom kit, but limited edition with a spanish civil war turret!

https://www.migjimenez.com/en/preorder/ ... 85034.html

I dont want more tanks, but I have the feeling of needing this one. (For those who dont know it yet, I am spanish!)
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Another Panzer I... Spanish version!

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

As the poet said, Rad..'The only way to overcome temptation, is to yield to it!'... :D
Better yield, I think. Would you try to give it an electronic nervous system though?.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

43rdRecceReg wrote:As the poet said, Rad..'The only way to overcome temptation, is to yield to it!'... :D
Better yield, I think. Would you try to give it an electronic nervous system though?.
Lol, yes, temptations are everywhere! There are several things Id love to have. The Panzer 38T, the PII Luchs, this one... But I want to call my tanks army complete. The only thing I am lacking is a SDKFZ 222. Regarding electric innards, well, in my humble opinion, it think it does not worth to RC them. Loads of job for a very fragile result... Also lacks of spare parts does not help at all. Well, at least we have 3d printers now, but you know what I mean.

So, as a challenge, yeah, sure it is awesome to turn the model into a fully RC thing, and for those of us that the best part is the build, it is an awesome model, but I think at the end of all it will end in the shelf as a static tiny princess, because I have more adequate tanks to drive.

And also I want to focus in making buildings once and for all! lol

But if I were fitting electric things inside Id go hands down for the benedini mini v2. That board makes all you might want in that tiny model, except the speed controller.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Yes saw that earlier on FB. Looks nice. Re the 222, Metal Origin was planning to re-release their kit this year. Haven't heard anything further from Mak but it's supposedly due out soon.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 4.54.38 AM.png
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Yes saw that earlier on FB. Looks nice. Re the 222, Metal Origin was planning to re-release their kit this year. Haven't heard anything further from Mak but it's supposedly due out soon.
Hi, yep, I know. Well, they are planning to rerelease the kit in the next 90 days... for years... But this time it seems to be serious. Last info I have is end of november. If you have any info please tell me!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Yea, heard that. Was to be announced in July but crickets since. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Speaking of soft skins, understand several actively considering an RC Sd.Kfz. 251 but we'll see. Mak & I discussed as have Clark. Hooben interested but in 1/10. Last I heard Torro will release their Swimmenwagon soon plus there's supposed to be another surprise in the wings.

Speaking of Clark, he just set up in his new center in Xiamen, China after moving from Taiwan & supposedly going to have the BT-7 prototype next month for release late this year. Again, we'll see.
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Sort of a quiet thread. I'll bump. I have the Spanish Civil War PzKpfw with the enlarged turret mounting a 20mm Breda gun due on 6/28/21. It'll be my third Pz 1 from Takom that I have or will have r/c'ed. Mig Ammo commisioned the version from Takom. My Pz 1B was in June's TOTM (didn't win). I used Heng Long's 1/30 Sherman's main board, sound system, LED lights. In one I used HL's gearboxes, altered to fit, and the other an Arduino robot tank gearboxes. Both work, Arduino was easier to install, HL's has lower gearing. Stock plastic tracks are weak but ok for scooting around the floor. Metal tracks are available from R-Model in China.
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

FYI, here's the boxtop. The molds are all the same as the earlier PzKpfw 1A except for the turret housing the 20mm gun....just like the real one.
PzKpfw 1A Breda 02.jpg
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hello, Bob: if you can get it in Southern California, I can probably get it here in the sticks of southern Wisconsin. What was your source for the Breda? Did you go straight to the Mig Jimenez web site? Shipping would be scarey! If you have a local source, maybe I could order one and have it sent on the Salad Bowl Express: CHOO CHOO
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Hello, Bob: if you can get it in Southern California, I can probably get it here in the sticks of southern Wisconsin. What was your source for the Breda? Did you go straight to the Mig Jimenez web site? Shipping would be scarey! If you have a local source, maybe I could order one and have it sent on the Salad Bowl Express: CHOO CHOO
I got mine from Lucky Model in Hong Kong. Stock availability at the time said 3, once I ordered it said 2, so it seems their inventory is accurate. Hedging my bets, I'd also ordered one from somewhere much closer to you: Michigan Toy Soldier Company! However, when I called to cancel the order, they said they were having trouble getting them. They apparently had ordered from Spain, home of Mig. Both LM and MTSC charged retail, $70 ish plus shipping.

It was quite difficult to find one, I looked for a while. My guess is since it's a Limited Edition, fewer and fewer are around, at least at a reasonable price. Good luck, hope you can find one!

Return to “General Discussion”