HL challenger 2 gear ratio

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: HL challenger 2 gear ratio

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:If I am spending £1,000 for a 1/16 scale Tank I do not think it unreasonable to expect to find a decent electronics suite fitted as standard.
Out of curiosity, Shaun, when did you last spend £1,000 on RTR tank- and what was it? :D
By the by, for the man who, avowedly, loves the Pz IV, I'm surprised that you don't yet have the Tamiya version of it in your stable. :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

jarndice wrote:If I am spending £1,000 for a 1/16 scale Tank I do not think it unreasonable to expect to find a decent electronics suite fitted as standard.
In issolation that's not an unreasonable thing to say but surely you realise by now that until our Chinese suppliers start fitting open standard hobby grade electronics it isn't going to happen. Maybe the Tamiya route is best for you or you could consider buying HL tanks and gutting ALL the electrics and crafting a new system for a few hundred pounds, as some of us do. Let's face it, Chinese RTR isn't going to get you a Rolls Royce, however much you spend. Buyer beware? No, that's not fair but at least try before you buy.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

With the £ crashing through the basement the present £500+Taigen RTR Tank Prices complete with 3rd rate electronics will soon be matching Tamiyas overinflated Tank KITS prices<
The long overdue revamp of Tamiyas Electronics is the primary reason for my lack of one or more of their Tanks in my workshop although some of my Tanks care of Axels ability to find scarce Sprues do have a high Tamiya content :haha: To this day the only off the shelf Ausf "H" and "J" Cupolas are from Tamiya,
Trust me I have looked.
The newly revamped Taigen PZ4 Turret is a vastly improved version over the old one but the old one had one advantage and that was the removable Cupola this now is a permanent part of the turret although the faux weld between the two is most impressive.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

General when you look at the £500 HG P802 8 wheeler truck its Chinese electronics package is as good as any thing else on the market and when you consider that it is less than half the price of its nearest competitor (The Cross Mammoth) it does not take an Abacus to work out that Taigen and Tamiya are either lazy or exploiting the 1/16 scale Tank market.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Or very likely both! I now only buy items l know l will need to gut and rebuild the internals or items from a very trusted retailer who knows their stock intermitely and knows the standards l expect, recommending mods where they are needed. This way l rarely feel let down.

I less often buy RTR items now but prefer to search for higher spec parts to fit in hulls etc. Again, a helpful retailer will help you find bits you need.

Forgebear of course - the Dave n Julie team team work very hard!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Discussion”