Hoobens 1/10 offerings

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
adz955
Recruit

Hoobens 1/10 offerings

Post by adz955 »

Anyone in the UK actually taken delivery of any of Hoobens 1/10 offerings?
Just curious to see what you thought of what you received.
Seems like it would be a good size tank but without the back crippling (and wallet) weight of 1/6 .

Only source ive found so far is Ebay at around £1200 to £1500 so would probably work out closer to £2k once HRH gives you a swift kick in the nads when it arrives.
STHV
Corporal

Re: Hoobens 1/10 offerings

Post by STHV »

I really wouldn't go anywhere near a Hooben RTR, if my Maus is anything to go by it is inaccurate falsely advertised and will break itself because of how bad the internals are
From the few images i have seen of the 1/10 tanks the M4 has the muzzle break of the tiger and the tigers Mg port is square
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

I live less than an hour away from Hooben's workshop & have known their owner, Bill Feng, for almost 14 years so here are my caveat to buying from Ark/Hooben: I don't buy anything unless I can see & touch it. I've been down the same path many here & elsewhere have been, ie, fronted funds long ago that took forever to produce & less than expected quality.

I'd pass on the Sherman until they finally get around to releasing metal upgrades & track. Why one would design a 1/10 tank & not offer separate rubber tyres for the M4 road wheels is beyond me. Aside from that, the incorrect muzzle brake & a few other inconsistencies, overall detail for both looks very nice up close & build construction is good for the price.

Hooben plans to release a 1/10 Hetzer next followed by T-34/76 & Pz3. God only knows when that will occur given their track record since the Hetzer was due to be released a few months ago. I saw Feng at an event last month & he said its delayed due to lack of parts. I'm getting the Hetzer even though I've only seen his CAD drawings & a few photos of the hull so am patiently waiting until am told its available. At that point, I'll show up with cash in hand & will only part with it once I'm satisfied with what I see.
IMG_5089.jpg
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Any chance you can take a lot of photos and show the rest of us what you see? At least a detailed report and how things are going and whether or not you actually spent the cash, and if you do spend the cash, lots of photos of your tank, please. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Certainly, that goes without saying. I’d be more than happy to do so. 8)

Hooben has an RC tank event planned in November that I’ll attend so will be sure to post on that, too.
adz955
Recruit

Post by adz955 »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Certainly, that goes without saying. I’d be more than happy to do so. 8)

Hooben has an RC tank event planned in November that I’ll attend so will be sure to post on that, too.
The tiger does look very nice. Seems like guys spend hours modifying the heng long one to something a lot more accurate so surely the same could be done here. Never usually a fan of the sherman either but that Korean version does look different enough to be interesting.

Wasnt there rumour that they were going to do something modern in 1/10 too? If it were a T55 i'd be happy to be a guinee pig :D
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

No modern armor as far as I know; probably a thin skin like a 251 or FAMO since I’ve discussed these before with Feng. Also heard several of his dealers were clamoring for a British tank or two. The 1/10 crawler market is so large am surprised he hasn’t yet considered the crossover market that HG is now starting to explore.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

At least the £500+ HG 1/12 scale 8 wheeler crawler is allegedly well built of quality materials as well as finely detailed and it is an authentic copy of the real thing.
Certainly my Tamiya Panzer 4 savings jam jar has got competition for its final destination :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

I have HG’s new 1/10 Hummer & have to say the quality is light years ahead of most anything else I had purchased or built right out of the box. My son & I completed a 2+km circuit today without any problems or even a scratch on the bodywork. My son's D90 on the other hand is in need of some serious bodywork. :D
WechatIMG88.jpeg
WechatIMG28841.jpeg
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I think that HG are being very clever building quality products in 1/10 and 1/12 scale because the market in top quality vehicles in those scales such as the Cross 1/12 RX8 Mammoth are twice the price and even though Cross vehicles and ancillaries sell like hot cakes they are unlikely to be able to produce both the quantity as well as the quality of HGs trucks at anywhere near the Chinese builders prices,
Now HG need to guarantee the quality and not get drawn downmarket trying to compete with mass production toymakers.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Discussion”