How do you Play with your RC Tank

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

How do you Play with your RC Tank

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

SO just a general question here: How do you play with your rc tank. Do you just drive around scale like, set up mock battles in your back yard (Garden for the English chap) or chase the dog round the house. I'm curious as to what others do with there tanks.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: How do you Play with your RC Tank

Post by Max-U52 »

Come on, now, we don't "play" with them. We reenact historic events in a scale fashion. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. @) :haha: :haha: :/ :shh:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I love taking mine out in the backyard (or the front) and driving realistically slow and challenge myself to some “technical” driving including climbing over some patio stones, stopping and balancing on top of a sharp ridge or tree root or navigate between tight areas. I would also like to build a scale sized wooden bridge to cross. I fire the main gun occasionally just for the sound and visual pleasure of the flash and barrel recoil. My new speaker also allows for some excellent sound quality including the engine sound. I like hearing it when I rev the engine while in neutral. It’s also a great opportunity to take some fun photos.
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

I have to wait for fall to arrive,...112 degrees today here in Phx. :lolno:
Therefore Me and my tanks...both of’em are pretty much confined to running around the house :haha:
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I've set up Pepsi cans and paper targets around the garden in the past for BB shooting. Also obstacles to drive around and through/between.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

Generally I take mine down to the woods and practice driving it along the tracks & footpaths. The more challenging the better. Once the summer is over I'll be taking it down to the beach to see how it handles the sand dunes. I also intend to try and get some more video of her in action.

I will also (one day) have a go at IR battles :clap:
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Post by mutt71 »

My Grandson and I take them out and I chase him around a bit. He has fun and I enjoy watching him. I teach him about the history of each vehicle and how the real tanks were used and about the men that crewed them. We are fortunate enough to live next to Ft. Campbell, where I can take him to see a few of the real tanks at the Pratt Museum.
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

I personally set up mini battlefields in the garden, i find the american ''Dip'' containers the perfect target to shoot at, currently I am building some scenery to go with the battlefield, really I need to buy some more tanks, then convince the wifey that she wants to have a battle. As it stands I just have one lonely tiger and a mini dachshund that goes bananas when the tank gets pulled out.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I drive at ultra slow speeds while playing with the tanks literally decenes of voices, sounds and musics, fitting the moment... In the heat of battle or a military parade, we play sounds according.

I also do patrols (even night patrols!) with my children around the house, and sometimes we do ambushes with enemy tanks.

But my fauvorite part is to build them, no doubt!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
I am with Rad on this. Favorite thing to do is build them. I run the new ones in the rough out in the lot and try to video them ( not an accomplished videographer at all ) There is a you tube link for where I post the little that I do; Fun stuff tho'
https://www.youtube.com/user/Grundag/vi ... subscriber
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “General Discussion”