Ive done it. Finally made a purchase!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
adz955
Recruit

Ive done it. Finally made a purchase!

Post by adz955 »

Well guys ive only gone and pulled the trigger. Couldn't wait any longer watching the fun your all having.

Much to my own surprise the tank I bought in the end is neither WW2 or German haha.

I got the henglong T72 and im well chuffed with it. A real menacing looker.

I used to build a lot of plastic kits as a kid 20 years ago (before finding girls and motorbikes) and ive got to say the crisp quality of the moulding on the 72 would blow any of the old kits away! Think the top hull is going to look amazing with a few washes and a bit of weathering.

Anyway im going to get a good few packs through it before starting any detail stuff. Might try and wrinkle the side skirts a bit more with some heat. All the pics ive ever seen of the 72 the side skirts look like theyre worn out and wrinkled to within an inch of their life.
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Ive done it. Finally made a purchase!

Post by brizo58 »

Good purchase there :thumbup: . With the side skirts go onto the bay of E and get a sheet of 1mm rubber I done this to my T90 and it looks the dogs do-da’s. Brian...
adz955
Recruit

Post by adz955 »

That's a great idea mate. Have you removed the plastic skirt altogether or layed the rubber over the top?
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Yep remove the plastic ones and use them as a pattern. When your ready to fit them just gently warm them with a hair dryer and you can mould them as you like...
adz955
Recruit

Post by adz955 »

Great stuff. Il try to do them as individual panels and maybe reuse the plastic link plates if I can get them removed safely.

She's got metal tracks, sprockets and idlers but the zinc alloy gearboxes for now. Will use them until they wear out or fail I guess and then go for some steel ones.
RobW

Post by RobW »

Look forward to seeing it on Sunday. The IR is Tamiya compatible so feel free to shoot at anything with a sensor in the turret: it'll confuse them and provide endless amusement for the rest of us! :D
adz955
Recruit

Post by adz955 »

RobW wrote:Look forward to seeing it on Sunday. The IR is Tamiya compatible so feel free to shoot at anything with a sensor in the turret: it'll confuse them and provide endless amusement for the rest of us! :D
Don't worry about that mate, plan on restarting the cold war with a single tank army :D

Might also have a next gen tanker with me. My three year old little girl if she's welcome.
RobW

Post by RobW »

Don't see why not, just the usual don't touch/break anything same as anyone else. We don't use BBs so no risk there either.
adz955
Recruit

Post by adz955 »

Looking in the manual it looks as though they say 6.0 and 6.1 controller will happily run on 12 volts.
Ive quite a few decent sized turnigy 3s Lipos here and a good fast balance charger for them.
Wonder if I could get a lot more run times from those packs?
I'd have to put an XT60 on the wires to the board but that would be it.

Return to “General Discussion”