Really cant decide what to get!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
adz955
Recruit

Really cant decide what to get!

Post by adz955 »

As posted in the intro board a little while ago. Im new to rc tanks and holding off on making a purchase until ive seen a few at the next Grantham meet.

Trouble is there are SO MANY that I now like the look of its killing me and I really don't know what the hell to get first!
I was pretty much all set on a mid/late tiger until browsing all the cool builds on here and now the list of stuff I like has grown hugely.

T34's...Always seem to look awesome weathered up
Stug iii and iv's......Really like the tank destroyers, menacing and again look ace weathered up.
Jagdpanzers……Just something about the panzer iv or variants that looks really sleek! But damn, how much is that Tamiya kit!
and I still like the tiger.

More time i spend on here the harder its going to be to make a choice haha. Wallets not bottomless so going to have to make a call sooner rather than later.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Really cant decide what to get!

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

LOL, you really do have a dilemma.
Me personally, I'm not really a great fan of self propelled guns, I much prefer having a turret.

But, I do like the Jagd Tiger out of all of them, really big and menacing looking.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

There is a very good reason why a lot of us started with either a Heng Long or a Taigen Tiger 1, SPACE + Value for Money.
There is enough room in the hull for newbie fingers to prod and push without accidently pulling out wires and there are more upgrades for the Tiger 1 than for any other,
The cheapest ones come as Tiger 1 Earlys but the many upgrades can easily alter it to "Mid" or "Late".
The PZ111, PZ4 and the Stug are much smaller internally which restricts the size of battery and Mother board that will fit but a little thought and a study of some of the builds on this site will certainly help.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
adz955
Recruit

Post by adz955 »

Dilema indeed haha. Just want to make sure its something that I enjoy most of all rather than having endless frustration so the tiger is probably still a good call.

I also love Ludwigs little hetzer. Can get it with an all aluminium hull too but very much doubt the smallest AFV on the market in kit form is a great idea for a starter.
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:LOL, you really do have a dilemma.
Me personally, I'm not really a great fan of self propelled guns, I much prefer having a turret.

But, I do like the Jagd Tiger out of all of them, really big and menacing looking.

I have 2 of these beasts Mick, does this mean i have issues :crazy:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

For a first tank l'd recommend one that has plenty of internal room to mess around with upgrades. If a Tiger then you could take a look at those offered by Taigen/Torro as they offer a good quality example that comes in early or late versions, varied camos, BB or IR, and various levels of upgrades and associated prices. If you are UK based (or not!) speak to Dave at Forgebear - he's a member here too - who is the UK importer, knows his stock, always gives great advice, service and price.

He may even talk you into a King Tiger or JS-2!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
adz955
Recruit

Post by adz955 »

Oddly never been a fan of the king tiger. Looks a bit like an umpa lumpa for want of a better description :haha:

Another oddity is the cheapest tiger on the market in heng long also looks to be the only one that doesn't have tools moulded onto the hull which is a very nice touch.
General Jumbo01

Look again!
adz955
Recruit

Post by adz955 »

The Torro upper hull looks to have tools moulded on assuming the pics are actually of the tank for sale
Attachments
s-l1600[1].jpg
s-l1600[1].jpg (99.07 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
General Jumbo01

All those tools are very nicely painted and are then fitted. They are not molded.

What's more, those hatches open. You get what you pay for.

Return to “General Discussion”