What’s your opinions on,

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: What’s your opinions on,

Post by jarndice »

I wonder where you are buying your Tiger 1 from as the new Taigen Tigers come with 360 turrets as far as I know they also come with a V3 MFU so unless I am mistaken (Oh not again they all cry :haha: ) you may be buying old stock, Which is fine but it will cost you later if you decide to upgrade.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimmer
Private

Post by Jimmer »

Yeah the tank I was looking at was a v2, so it said.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jimmer wrote:How come it says Torro on the box but advised as Taigen in all these shops.
I’m going to go for a Taigen tiger 1 bb metal hull addition comes with torsion suspension and metal tracks, it only got 320 turret not the 360. The next version up is £150 more.
I have found that tank zone, and their eBay accounts are the ones that do that, can't seem to tell the difference. I haven't noticed anyone else do it.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Mine came with a 360 turret and a V3 MFU. The gearboxes aren't the latest, but they should still last a lifetime, being black steel with bearings on the axles.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jimmer
Private

Post by Jimmer »

Yeah it was on tankzone and warlords eBay where I seen these for sale, are the v2 version that bad,or are then fine for me to learn with.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Its not the Tank its the dealer, I have a personal reason for running in the opposite direction from Tankzone and I am not sure but Nitrotek and Tankzone use various non de plume on ebay and nitrotek has received more complaints on this forum than almost any other dealer,
There are credited dealers who will offer you a good deal, if you want a list ask the forum,
A word of warning,
This time of year the Chinese factory's go on holiday so there can be a waiting list for some tanks and old stock is sometimes used to fill the demand.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Jimmer wrote:Yeah it was on tankzone and warlords eBay where I seen these for sale, are the v2 version that bad,or are then fine for me to learn with.
Stay away from tank Zone. They have a horrible reputation here and I don't know one single person that ever had a good dealing with them. For your location, your best bet is Dave at Forgebear tanks.

If it says V2, that's probably referring to the electronics and really the only difference between the V2 and V3 is that the V3 has the switch to turn off the track recoil.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jimmer
Private

Post by Jimmer »

Hi I messaged forbearer they don’t do the older kits just the newer v3 mostly metal with 360 turret at £400. They sell the parts separately but I imagine that would work out costly. The older stock worked out £300 including posting. But now hearing about war zone not sure what to do.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

How about a used tank? Check the for sale Section, there are usually very good tanks for sale there and some of them can be quite inexpensive. If you were here in the states I'd sell you one of mine for a good price just to see you get a decent tank. I'm sure there's someone over there that has something suitable that they might be willing to part with to help you out.
Jimmer
Private

Post by Jimmer »

Think I found nice tiger 1 early Camo metal edition at rctank.de

Return to “General Discussion”