What R/C tank to buy?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
NickyB65
Recruit

What R/C tank to buy?

Post by NickyB65 »

Hi everyone,

Living here in the UK, there seems to be queit a few online dealers, I looked at one dealer, tankzone.co.uk which seem pretty good, any other members have any feedback from this company.

Looking at the the RTR 1/16 scale I have a budget of up to around £600, can any members give me some advice on what makes would fit the bill? Ideally I like the Tiger 1 model

thanks everyone

Nick :)
tomhugill
Captain

Re: What R/C tank to buy?

Post by tomhugill »

I would avoid tankzone, when things go wrong I've found their communication poor and their will to sort the problem lacking. 90% or transactions may be fine but being in that 10% isn't great.

I've a few plug and fly (I guess that should be drive) tanks for sale within your budget (including a tiger)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
ImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by tomhugill on Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hi there.

Personally I would check out Dave and Julie of forgebear, and Andrew at Haya Ltd before anyone else. With Haya, make sure you're looking at the price including VAT.

Featured Products
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/c1 ... ducts.html

HAYA UK LTD
https://www.hayaltd.co.uk/

Personally I find them cheaper, and second to none re after sales service. And, with both, if you don't see what you want, send them an email and ask if they can get it.

Some people have used tank zone successfully, but their after sales service has had a lot to be desired from time to time.

Edit: as for a Tiger 1, I would take a serious look at the Taigen ones.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have been owed £400+ for some time by "Tankzone" and yet some people on the Forum say they like them,
Me, I would not touch them with a bargepole,
It is your choice But as long as Dave
http://www.forgebeartanks.com
is cheaper and provides a far better service why would anyone go elsewhere ?
Indeed as you live in Cambridgeshire you can meet him at the regular meeting of the Grantham Light Armoured at Great Gonerby, if you tell him what you want in advance whether it is Spares or complete tanks he and Julie will bring them along.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

What you need to remember is that "Nitrotek, Tankzone" and others is they are not advertising to you and I,
They are selling to loving mums and dads to placate little Jane or little Jimmy,
They no nothing about our hobby but they see a full colour ad with lots of pictures of Tanks and they get out the plastic and if they are lucky they get a tank but there are some real horror stories about some of these people and not too many praising them,
It is a free country but as you said there are plenty of other dealers.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Do NOT buy Heng Long. Go for Taigen/Torro:
https://www.rctank.de/Tiger-I-MID-360-2 ... wooden-box
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

The other thing to consider: are you looking for RTR with no work or RTR with potential for many upgrades? If you can get to the GLAD meet come along and look at what's available: Dave & Julie (forgebear) are often there so you can also have a look before buying. You may also find something for sale from members (not me!) which ticks the boxes.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have to disagree with any warning to avoid Heng Long.
The Tank they sell today is nothing like the, not to mince my words, Rubbish of yesterday.
The Electrics are much better as are the sounds, and the way they provide all the extra fittings on sprues allowing them to be fitted or left off to paint your Tank in a personal scheme and letting you fit your own choice of tools whereas Taigen are still selling their Tanks with moulded on tools which means you either try and scrape them off thereby allowing you to fit your own tools or paint each tool in situ after you have painted the Tank with your personal scheme.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Yep, Heng Long are improving all the time.
M4A3 with metal turret, is this a first with this shape turret? Or is that a Taigen turret added on?

sherman , m4
https://www.hayaltd.co.uk/Heng_Long_Rad ... 00558.aspx
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Yep, Heng Long are improving all the time.
M4A3 with metal turret, is this a first with this shape turret? Or is that a Taigen turret added on?

sherman , m4
https://www.hayaltd.co.uk/Heng_Long_Rad ... 00558.aspx
Taigen turret on an hl pro base sold at a ludicrous price...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”