Which control board--for ME?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Which control board--for ME?

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Sorry, iphone only, no android, so that doesn't help me. But thanks for the input anyway!

Hmmm, surely more than 3 people have an opinion on this? Maybe it's the time of year when people aren't really paying attention...
I think there are no more people anwering, because everything has already been said. I already wrote you all the options, from discontinnued to the current available ones. Some more people agreed with me.

Also because most of the users dont care at all about extra custom user sounds, which seems to be a need for you.

Maybe you are waiting until some guy pops up and tells you "hey grab the IBU" and you can read what you want to read since the beginning. But unfortunately that is what we have...

And nope, 4 sounds are nowhere near "Plenty". At least for me 16 is beginning to be OK. But I am a rara avis the forums, the true exception.

So far in one of my tanks I have:
1, Horn
2, Siren
Commander giving instructions like 3, attack, 4 forwards, 5 left, 6 right, 7 retreat.
radio chatters 8,9,10.
Marches-songs 11,12,13,14,15.
Artillery strikes 16

In other tank I have about 50, go and figure.

With 4 user sounds I'd be crying in a corner in the room, lol.

And yes, the bluetooth works with Os too, not only with android. But hey, I wont insist you anymore, whatever you buy, wherever you buy I don't earn a penny, lol.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
tankgirlfuzzy
Recruit

Post by tankgirlfuzzy »

Don't get me wrong Rad, your opinion/insight has been invaluable and has had me seriously considering the Elmod after reading your comments. I had not really considered it before due to its cost. I'm just thinking out loud about whether or not it's more complex than I need or want. And, you did mention IBU as an option, just not your first choice, and Crius agreed with you. So I'm considering both boards now.

But you're right, I'll buy what I want based on weighing ALL the factors I mentioned, and hopefully it will be the right decision for me. I'm not buying it for popularity or because three people on this board told me to! :haha: (it's just like how I chose my aircraft radio; if I wanted to be like everyone else, I'd have bought another Spektrum, but I chose Hitec and was only one of two people in my 300 person club to have one. I love their radios and don't understand why they're not more popular, but I digress.)

Anyway, I thank you for your perspective and taking the time to share it with me.
Tank Girl
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Well, no worries.

Yeah, dont tell me about the price, I am an extreme cheapskate, and I hate even buying food, so every penny saved is a huge victory for me. Elmod is indeed very expensive. For what it is, are way overpriced... But at this moment it is the one that plays the biggest amound of sounds and the one that has more realistic driving capabilities.

And to set it is not complicated at all, dont worry. The IBUs are not bad boards at all, but I ended selling all the ones I had and getting other options that suit me better.

But as I said, I am the rare and freak guy here.
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

For realistic movement most important is gearbox. Stock geraboxes have the same problem - last gear is small (accelerating), exeption is Taigen T-34 with additional big wheel.

In my Sherman I have modyfied stock gearbox but in King Tiger/Panther it would be difficult to fit. Photo after:
Attachments
0002.jpg
tankgirlfuzzy
Recruit

Post by tankgirlfuzzy »

Just wanted to update everyone who chimed in and for anyone who's interested: I ordered the elmod fusion pro and have been playing with it for a few weeks now. Got it from Dominique at rctank.de who is very friendly and helpful. All I can say is Wow!! The board is even better than described! I was worried about too complicated but the ability to set almost every parameter is actually great. I've got this tank moving and sounding so realistically (to me at least) I can't believe it's the same heng long tank. I'll post more as I rebuild and repaint it. Hmmm might need to start a build thread.

Anyway thanks to all who helped me here!
Tank Girl
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Remember, it's not real til we see video! @) :haha: :/
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Agreed.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Just wanted to update everyone who chimed in and for anyone who's interested: I ordered the elmod fusion pro and have been playing with it for a few weeks now. Got it from Dominique at rctank.de who is very friendly and helpful. All I can say is Wow!! The board is even better than described! I was worried about too complicated but the ability to set almost every parameter is actually great. I've got this tank moving and sounding so realistically (to me at least) I can't believe it's the same heng long tank. I'll post more as I rebuild and repaint it. Hmmm might need to start a build thread.

Anyway thanks to all who helped me here!
I knew you were going to be more than happy with it. :)

Return to “General Discussion”