A question on Barrel recoil equipped tanks

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!

Postby Max-U52 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:33 pm

I'll still do the video, just so Larry can see the tank. I also want him to see the airsoft tiger with Barrel recoil because in my opinion that might be a better option for him. Unless, of course, he just has his heart set on a Panzer 4.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby Max-U52 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:53 pm

Ragnar, I sent you a private message.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby Max-U52 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:33 pm

So here's a little video and the first thing it taught me is that I absolutely HAVE to get the new PC sorted so I can edit video. I could have made this about half as long if I could've edited, so if you want to skim I advise it. If you only want to see the Tiger 1 mid with airsoft barrel recoil skip to 9:40, for just the JS-2 go to 12:30, and for a demo of the stock IR battle system go to 18:00. In fact, when we get to apple installation about 15:30 you should just skip ahead to 18:00 and avoid staring at the PIV while I run for the other apple. :/

I think all of the new sound sets are a huge improvement, and being able to disable track recoil is something I've been looking forward to for a very long time. No more atrc units! Yay!

phpBB [video]

So for you. Larry, unless you just have your heart set on a P4, I highly advise the Tiger One with airsoft barrel recoil. I believe that's the tank you'll have the most fun with.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby General Jumbo01 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Nice vid and interesting to see a bb barrel recoil. Re the recoil timing, the barrel will push back when the shell is fired. When the shell leaves the barrel the flash is released and the barrel can return. The firing sound should be heard more or less as the flash appears. The model sequence seems to follow this routine quite well. I do miss the flash on th bb type but it may soon be possible - we just need a ring shapped led? Thanks for the demo :)

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
General Jumbo01
Staff Sergeant

Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Postby Ragnar » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:12 pm

I was taken with the gun flash in conjunction with the barrel recoil, looked fantastic especially with the track recoil turned off.
One thing though’ damn near blew my coffee outa my nose when you demonstrated the 5 shot kill of the JS-2.....with that wild wiggle my first thought was your russki tank was having a orgasm!! :haha:
Ragnar
Corporal

Postby Ragnar » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:13 pm

I was taken with the gun flash in conjunction with the barrel recoil, looked fantastic especially with the track recoil turned off.
One thing though’ damn near blew my coffee outa my nose when you demonstrated the 5 shot kill of the JS-2.....with that wild wiggle my first thought was your russki tank was having a orgasm!! :haha:
Ragnar
Corporal

Postby General Jumbo01 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Orgasm?? Its just doing the Samba!
General Jumbo01
Staff Sergeant

Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Postby Max-U52 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:57 pm

Wanna see more of the PIV! You don't have to click play if you don't want to, Bwahahaha. @) @)

And these are much shorter. I'll get the editing thing sorted one day. :/

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby Ragnar » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:37 am

Gary, I’m thinking that is a field mod for stabilizing the gun barrel,and good info on turning off the track recoil that’s something a piece of information to be stored in our memory banks lol
Ragnar
Corporal

Postby Ragnar » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:38 am

K,anyone tell me how to delete a duplicate post! :wtf:
Ragnar
Corporal

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:47 am

Ragnar wrote:K,anyone tell me how to delete a duplicate post! :wtf:

Ya can't, you're stuck with the embarrassment of impatient clicking on the submit button :P

Ya can't, you're stuck with the embarrassment of impatient clicking on the submit button :P

Or, you can cross my palm with silver. . . . .

What you need is. . . .
Attachments
WCIDZ5q.gif
WCIDZ5q.gif (1.39 MiB) Viewed 310 times
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Ragnar » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:41 am

Son of a gun-ner wrote:

Or, you can cross my palm with silver. . . . .

What you need is. . . .

Might have a couple of spare Mexican peso’s laying about! ; :haha:
Ragnar
Corporal

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:19 pm

What made me laugh, after duplicate posting, you then proceeded to ask about its removal with a duplicate post :haha:

Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Ragnar » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:02 pm

Yeh I’ve seemed to have had this problem with duplicate posts almost from the day I joined the forum lol
Problem seems to be the post icon on my iPad normally turns red when I touch it indicating a finger touch,sometimes it doesn’t and thinking it didn’t recognize my touch I’ll hit’er again.
Only to find the touch was excepted but the stupid button didn’t turn red :crazy:
Just wish there was a delete post button when editing.
Ragnar
Corporal

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Only us mods get that magic button :D

But, you'll have to think of something else to write and edit the duplicate.

I have a similar thing happen with my phone, caught me out a couple of times when I first joined here. But I learnt to pause and just see what's happening first.
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Max-U52 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:21 pm

Well, Larry, if you get a better paint job than I did you should be OK. It is definitely an amazing little tank with lots of cool features, and since I have to paint it anyway I can surely make some improvements.

phpBB [video]

So should I repaint the trailer dunkelgelb or leave it wehrmacht gray?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby Ragnar » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:47 am

Thx for the new video gary,it was great ,per your recommendation I’m now giving the Tiger1 mid a really serious consideration , notice it seems to have a number of upgrades oppose to the P4......
Would really appreciate a more detailed assessment of your Tiger 1 with your pro’s and con’s.
And believe me it’s Really nice to not have to rummage through YouTube hoping for decent evaluations on these tanks. :clap:
Ragnar
Corporal

Postby Jimster » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:30 am

Where can I get a trailer like that?! Leave it gray.

Jimster
Corporal

Postby Max-U52 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:07 pm

I don't remember if I got that trailer from AsiaTam or RC tank.de, but I do remember that it cost me $75. @)

If you want to look into ordering one let me know and I'll go back to my records and see if I can find the info from when I purchased mine.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby Max-U52 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:08 pm

Ragnar wrote:Thx for the new video gary,it was great ,per your recommendation I’m now giving the Tiger1 mid a really serious consideration , notice it seems to have a number of upgrades oppose to the P4......
Would really appreciate a more detailed assessment of your Tiger 1 with your pro’s and con’s.
And believe me it’s Really nice to not have to rummage through YouTube hoping for decent evaluations on these tanks. :clap:

I made another video of the Tiger 1 mid, but I've been without power since Saturday and won't be able to download the video to my computer and upload it to YouTube until the power comes back on. The power company says they should have my power restored by 11:30 tonight. Let's hope they come in a little early.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion