Modelling Mishaps

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Modelling Mishaps

Post by Jimster »

No injury but I once spent many hours painting and weathering an HO scale Shay logging locomotive kit and when I was about to spray on a protective flat clear coat I accidentally grabbed gray primer and ruined one side.
Schultzy
Private

Post by Schultzy »

Jimster wrote:No injury but I once spent many hours painting and weathering an HO scale Shay logging locomotive kit and when I was about to spray on a protective flat clear coat I accidentally grabbed gray primer and ruined one side.
Talk about an “oh no” second!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jimster wrote:No injury but I once spent many hours painting and weathering an HO scale Shay logging locomotive kit and when I was about to spray on a protective flat clear coat I accidentally grabbed gray primer and ruined one side.
Oh wow. That by far worse than an injury.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Yes. I would rather have sliced some bacon off my thumb with a dull Xacto #11 blade.
Mic
Private

Post by Mic »

Reminds me of the melting finger prints into plastic with plastic glue.. How many models have been ruined by my own stupidity!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Mic wrote:Reminds me of the melting finger prints into plastic with plastic glue.. How many models have been ruined by my own stupidity!
Oh yeah, I remember doing that as a lad. But I learnt not to do it again :P lol

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

A couple of weeks ago while using a very fine needle like screwdriver to remove a small stubborn screw on my 222 it slipped entering through the side of my thumb and exiting through the top :O luckily it just went through the skin and didn't enter the fleshie bit 8O it took a second for it to sink in while I sat there with a screwdriver hanging out of my thumb :/ :lolno:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Ok, I give in, let's tell you about something REALLY dumb I once did. . . .

To cut a long story short, imagine a very hard piece of metal (stainless spring type steel) backed up by a very soft bit of plastic. And you only need an 1/8th inch hole in the metal. The item is a weird shape to support, got no vice available, I know, let's hold it in my hand. . . .

Yep, you guessed correctly what I did to the webbed part between thumb and forefinger :{ :{ :{

jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

And to think they shut all those mental hospitals in the 70s and 80s when this forum alone could have filled a couple of wards quite easily :S
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Mic
Private

Post by Mic »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Ok, I give in, let's tell you about something REALLY dumb I once did. . . .

To cut a long story short, imagine a very hard piece of metal (stainless spring type steel) backed up by a very soft bit of plastic. And you only need an 1/8th inch hole in the metal. The item is a weird shape to support, got no vice available, I know, let's hold it in my hand. . . .

Yep, you guessed correctly what I did to the webbed part between thumb and forefinger :{ :{ :{
Did you cry? 8O

Return to “General Discussion”