In the Workshop

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
c.rainford73
Major

In the Workshop

Post by c.rainford73 »

I know I haven't been posting much lately but I've been checking in every day to see how all is going and to follow so many great people and builds and to check in on my friends.

I've not had much time to build due to a very busy work schedule and of course my family.

I am very much involved in the hobby behind the scenes with a few upcoming projects.

My parts for the Blue Star hetzer are finally on thier way from Christian Ludwig's shop!

I've made a great deal with my friend MichaelC on the forum (again) to get my hands on two fantastic pieces that I await with great anticipation.....

I've finally secured my holy grail panzer IV with a lovely completed rolling chassis Tamiya kit minus the DMD setups. ( I plan on using an elmod for this one) it set me back $280.00. Couldn't resist the price!

My current build is a piece from Rad here on the forum. It's his panzer IV. It includes an asiatam metal lower hull, he meticulously added zimmerit to plus many tamiya accessories. I added taigen metal turret with recoil and flash from Forgebear and tamiya schurzen. It's in the beginning phase of paint, not weathered or buff applied, just as she sits for some weeks now.

So much to work on and so little time as they say.

Just couldn't resist a chance to post some pictures and an update.

Cheers

CarlImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jarndice
Colonel

Re: In the Workshop

Post by jarndice »

A very nice pair of PZ4s Carl, :thumbup:
You are fortunate that you have Rads Asiatam Metal Hull because he grafted the Tamiya Suspension onto it which makes a vast difference to it but the thing I wanted to see was the revamped Taigen Turret which is a much more authentic looking turret than the earlier model,
The main gun mantlet is finally correct as is the aerial deflector and the lowered turret stowage box, Tamiya of course already had all these details right from day one plus they have the proper sloping engine bay which Heng Long and Taigen do not,
I am waiting for Dave to get the Taigen PZ4 "Airsoft" Turrets in stock which has put a couple of my PZ4 builds on the back burner so it gives me the chance to steal your painting and weathering details while I wait. :haha:
Thank you very much for the update,
Us pensioners tend to forget that some of the young whippersnappers on the Forum actually have a job to go to :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Looking great Carl, it's always nice to get hold of a tank that you have been wishing for for some time :D :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Very nice Carl, looking forward to see your work on them :thumbup:

regards john :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Top job that man :thumbup:
Are you able to give me a measurement from the engine deck to the top of the turret skirt armour in the centre line of the stowage bin please.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thanks guys! Yes off to work I go..... Herman I will measure that for you tonight.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Oh wow, they make a lovely couple Carl :thumbup:
As always, I shall sit back and enjoy what you do in your workshop :thumbup:

Is the little one adopted?
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Oh wow, they make a lovely couple Carl Image
As always, I shall sit back and enjoy what you do in your workshop Image

Is the little one adopted?
Yes it is!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Top job that man Image
Are you able to give me a measurement from the engine deck to the top of the turret skirt armour in the centre line of the stowage bin please.
Mr Bix I assume you want the taigen upper hull, but I will measure both Panzer IV turret skirt heights. Image
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

c.rainford73 wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:Top job that man Image
Mr Bix I assume you want the taigen upper hull, but I will measure both Panzer IV turret skirt heights. Image
Both would be good thanks. ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “General Discussion”