Panzer 3 does not shoot, cannon okay.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Nuno45
Recruit

Panzer 3 does not shoot, cannon okay.

Post by Nuno45 »

Good afternoon, I'm new here and I do not know if it will be the right place to talk about this subject. Can someone help me with this problem: I have a Panzer 3 tank and it does not fire, I already tested the cannon and it works well on another plate just like I have from another tank, a phershing, but with the Panzer 3 board it does not fire, although the others functions work well. Can someone give me a tip if it is a fuse or something of the kind burned on the board? The plate in question is the same as the photo.
thank you.
Attachments
3819-025-2.4g.jpg
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Panzer 3 does not shoot, cannon okay.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

If the Unit ( your 'Plate') in your Panzer 3 is identical with the Hl unit in the Pershing, and if you wired them up in exactly the same manner; then your Panzer 3 unit is faulty. These Heng Long Multifunction Units don't have fuses. Perhaps there is a dry joint (bad solder) around the Gun connection on the MFU.
Is the cannon Airsoft or IR/Recoil?. It helps if you can be more specific. :thumbup:
Perhaps this wiring diagram will help to check your connections. Check the solder traces at the back of the unit: those that correspond with the gun connectors.
HL Multi Function Unit connectors.
HL Multi Function Unit connectors.
HL MFU RX-18.jpg (66.83 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Nuno45
Recruit

Post by Nuno45 »

Obrigado por ter respondido. É um canhão de airsoft. OK, vou verificar a placa.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Nuno45 wrote:Obrigado por ter respondido. É um canhão de airsoft. OK, vou verificar a placa.
Thank you for having responded. It's an airsoft gun. Okay, I'll check the board.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

This may help, if you can follow circuit diagrams:
and this:
HL RX-18 MFU connectors
HL RX-18 MFU connectors
Depending on the year of your model, and the Multifunction Unit version you have, the wiring might differ slightly.
I'm guessing that to get the gun working, you used the Pershing MFU and Transmitter. This suggests that they are both good.
When using the Pz 111 MFU and transmitter, the gun does not work. Well, it might be the case that you need to rebind that Transmitter to the MFU. Later versions from HL come with a binding cable. If the printed circuit board on the back of the MFU appears to be ok (no obvious signs of burning, broken traces, loose terminals from dry joints), then it's worth trying the rebinding procedure.
Just a thought.
Good luck.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
JamesRobertson
Recruit

Post by JamesRobertson »

I smoked the motor controller on one of my boards awhile back while trying to measure current through the gun motor. (I had hooked it up wrong :( ), so one thing you can try is opening up the plastic case and looking at the back of the board. There are some silver squares that are heat sinks... see if any of them look like they warped or melted.

If you can find the damaged component on the board, then theoretically you could de-solder the old one and replace it with a new part from Digi-key, but unless you're already set up to do something like that its not going to be easy.

Id recommend getting a new board, they are available on eBay like this one here. Don't accidentally get the RX-18 (old version):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Battle-Tank ... Sw5IFbO0Uq

I keep a few extras because they are not that robust (I've burnt out 2 so far). I have had a problem where one I purchased ended up driving the tracks in the opposite direction (it went backwards instead of forwards), if that happens you may have to swap the contacts on your motors or something.

Alternatively, there are lots of options that can replace the Heng Long electronics such as Open Panzer, which offer lots of extra features. They are more expensive though and I haven't tried any, so someone else would be more able to speak to that.

Good luck!
Nuno45
Recruit

Post by Nuno45 »

Boa tarde amigos. Estive ausente, estes dias porque trabalho por turnos. Mandei vir uma placa nova igual a da foto, axo que deve funcionar no meu panzer. Mas tenho também um Tiger 1 que a placa é uma TK-6.0 e que tb não faz disparos e nem o som da metralhadora. Mas irei posteriormente postar com os amigo para ver se alguém me pode ajudar. Darei noticias assim que receber a placa para o panzer. Obrigado.
Attachments
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg (18.93 KiB) Viewed 2282 times
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Going to be one of those days lol :/
Thank you Google translate.
Nuno45 wrote:"Good afternoon friends. I've been away these days because I work shift work. I sent a new card that came with the photo, which should work on my panzer. But I also have a Tiger 1 that the board is a TK-6.0 and that tb does not make shots and nor the sound of the machine gun. But I will post later with the friends to see if anyone can help me. I'll get word as soon as I get the badge for the panzer. Thank you."

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Nuno45
Recruit

Post by Nuno45 »

Já agora, alguém conhece esta placa? O meu último tanque tiger1, vem com o comando e a placa como o da foto em anexo é já fiz todas as funções que vem no manual e não faz disparos. Poderei trocar esta placa por uma rx-18 recente? Obrigado.
Attachments
HTB1Qiw3X6LuK1Rjy0Fhq6xpdFXaF.jpg
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I knew it. . . .
Nuno45 wrote:"By the way, does anyone know this sign? My last tank tiger1, comes with the command and the plate like the one in the attached photo is already done all the functions that comes in the manual and does not make shots. Can I replace this card with a recent Rx-18? Thank you."

Return to “General Discussion”