Taigen/Imex M4A3 Sherman

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
essexbill
Private

Taigen/Imex M4A3 Sherman

Post by essexbill »

Hi.

I was chatting to Dave from Forgebear regarding the Taigen/Imex Sherman that he has on offer at the moment.
Does anyone have any experience of these?
I have looked at the Taigen Sherman that comes complete , painted , with radio and board also the wooden crate. Just feel that although its complete the crate is pushing the price up a little.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Taigen/Imex M4A3 Sherman

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Yeah, I got one of the unpainted ones for my grandson.

They run great, but the space inside is tight, so, if you're not going to get the taigen electronics, get a Clark board as it's at least half the size of an IBU.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
essexbill
Private

Post by essexbill »

Thanks for your reply.
Dave has told me the Taigen board is a simple plug and play, is there a lot more work to fitting a Clark one? Also am I right in thinking that the Taigen sounds are generic ?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Sorry, can't answer about the Clark board, and I had someone else fit and set up an IBU2U, but I will eventually change it to a Clark board. You also have to purchase a controller for Clark etc as the Taigen and Heng Long controllers don't work with aftermarket boards.

And yes, I believe the Taigen sounds are generic, but I could be wrong if they've changed the latest MFU's.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If the Taigen Control Board is a V2 or V3 then you will have the option to use an aftermarket Transmitter/Receiver.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Hi, i would say that it depends what you are looking for. i have both versions, if you are happy with the taigen
sound you would probably be best to buy the pre painted one in the nice wooden crate.
If you are going to mod it i would buy the one from dave and put the saving towards a clark board, when i get
round to fitting mine out i will be fitting the TK24 s bus, a few less wires on the s bus version and you can assign some of the board features onto switches on the transmitter :thumbup:

regards john :wave:
essexbill
Private

Post by essexbill »

Thanks for your comment John.
I am still getting into the hobby, in my dreams I would like to do a really intricate project but like many real life gets in the way.
One is as you say ready to roll, the other is going to need a board and paint, that is something I can do.
Dave is away for another few days so time to stop and think.
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

hi yes we are away in the sun fir a rest will be back on the 25th guys :wave:
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

The V3 boards can also be used with aftermarket sound boards. And, they have a switch to disable track recoil.
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
essexbill
Private

Post by essexbill »

Roboticus_Prime wrote:The V3 boards can also be used with aftermarket sound boards. And, they have a switch to disable track recoil.
Thanks for the info regarding using after market sound boards, I knew about the track recoil.

Return to “General Discussion”