Interesting M4A3 105 HL

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
AshMann
Corporal

Interesting M4A3 105 HL

Post by AshMann »

While looking for parts on Ebay, i found this strange M4A3 being listed as "M4A3 Henglong Fury" or something similar, I've even seen the barrel sold on its own, which looks like a panther gun barrel to me though i can't be sure about that.
Attachments
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg (27.75 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
" ...use a gun. And if that don't work ...use more gun" - Engineer from Team Fortress 2
HL: 2 M4A3 105s , Panther ausf G, M41
Taigen: Tiger 1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Interesting M4A3 105 HL

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I'd have to agree with ya mate.
Looks like a Panther barrel to me too
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I'd have to agree with ya mate.
Looks like a Panther barrel to me too
I found another version of this, though to me it looks like they modded the muzzlebrake a bit
Attachments
FURY-M4A3-Sherman-Tank-5.jpg
" ...use a gun. And if that don't work ...use more gun" - Engineer from Team Fortress 2
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

It appears you are correct about the panther gun barrel.... with the popularity of the movie, every chance someone had to change out the short barrel on a Sherman and add a longer barrel with a fury sticker even if incorrect people jumped at the chance to buy it :crazy:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

c.rainford73 wrote:It appears you are correct about the panther gun barrel.... with the popularity of the movie, every chance someone had to change out the short barrel on a Sherman and add a longer barrel with a fury sticker even if incorrect people jumped at the chance to buy it :crazy:
I feel like that's died down a bit, though thats just me. I remember when i wanted a E8 Sherman. I might buy the barrel for my M4A3E4 build though
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I've even seen a brand new tamiya Sherman with a modded tamiya king tiger 88mm fitted and fury stickers.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

c.rainford73 wrote:I've even seen a brand new tamiya Sherman with a modded tamiya king tiger 88mm fitted and fury stickers.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Really? Thats insane. I think i found the one you are referring to.
Attachments
Tamiya-1-16-R-C-M4-Sherman-105mm-Howitzer-Full-Option.jpg
Tamiya-1-16-R-C-M4-Sherman-105mm-Howitzer-Full-Option.jpg (25.8 KiB) Viewed 1280 times
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Have to say, Ash, the foreshortening in the last pic (above) makes the Sherman look more like Pinocchio, than Fury. :) Still, there's no harm, and probably lots of fun, in making non-standard tanks.
I even put a Sherman Firefly hull on top of a Pz IV hull. It wasn't a bad fit, and it almost looked credible. :D
But the hull now has a StuG IV casemate/hull on it.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Have to say, Ash, the foreshortening in the last pic (above) makes the Sherman look more like Pinocchio, than Fury. :) Still, there's no harm, and probably lots of fun, in making non-standard tanks.
I even put a Sherman Firefly hull on top of a Pz IV hull. It wasn't a bad fit, and it almost looked credible. :D
But the hull now has a StuG IV casemate/hull on it.
Non standard tanks are kind of my thing, though I wish I had the skills to make them work, especially the more outlandish ones. I might post one of the designs I really want to make in 1/16 RC form. I think I've seen your Panzer IV/Firefly hybrid, it was interesting ;D
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

AshMann wrote:Non standard tanks are kind of my thing, though I wish I had the skills to make them work, especially the more outlandish ones.
AFAIK there once was a Panther command vehicle with a Pz IV turret on top. The turret didn't turn, but I'm sure that'd be easy to make in RC using standard components.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6

Return to “General Discussion”