Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jhamm wrote:Hi,
here a Picture from this Turret bevore that see some Action:
2022dafe624522ed4aeba60683019a79.jpg
A complete production series Schmalturm for a Panther Ausf. F
was obtained from Daimler-Benz Werk 40 in August 1945 and sent to England for examination.***
***Quote from Panzer Tracts No. 5-4
Many thanks for the pics! It wouldn't have been a great place for someone to sleep off a hangover (Kater)
:lolno: People will sometimes get into refuse bins on the drunken way home, with potential fatal consequences. (Bin collection day... :O )
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

I've followed with interest the seemingly on-again, off-again progression to or away from the Cromwell and other possible models from the visionaries at Clark. I can understand the frustration on the part of likely purchasers of these not quite ready for prime-time releases, but also the problems faced by the manufacturer in being able to come up with a workable marketing plan. There's a common sense reality faced by both sides of the equation.

Then, all of a sudden we see a tantalizing Panther F nowhere seen on the Clark website (I don't do Facebook). But, I get the impression that this Panther F may not be from Clark, but from another source. So, my question to the Sailor--is this Panther F an offering Clark envisions for the future or something to seen elsewhere? And, if elsewhere, where and will we face the same hurdles in getting our hands on this one going forward as has been the case with the BT-7 or Cromwell?
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

The Panther is a custom build from one-man shop not far from me here. The gent does some very nice stuff, looks like jewelry quality from what I've seen from a friend in Shanghai who purchased this very kit. Took him 9 months to receive it.

Truly have no idea what Clark's long-term plan is although I told him just the other day he needs to get on with his BT-7 before somebody else runs with it as a new release. I really do hope he decides to just take the plunge & make a kit. It will sell if the accuracy & quality is there.
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

Thanks for that. To very roughly paraphrase a line in Field of Dreams, if they make it (right), we will (likely) buy it.
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Fingers crossed on the Cromwell, I have been waiting on his kit, will buy it as soon as it goes live.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

SCHWEREPANZER wrote:Thanks for that. To very roughly paraphrase a line in Field of Dreams, if they make it (right), we will (likely) buy it.
:D I suddenly had a vision of ghostly Cromwells :O crashing though a field of sweetcorn- their commanders wearing baseball caps, back to front... :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Clark posted this yesterday stating he's going to proceed with releasing all models at same time. Sounds more than overly ambitious - I'd be happy just to see the two that are closer to completion on his list.
74915547_10157578911399788_185018171680358400_n.jpg
74915547_10157578911399788_185018171680358400_n.jpg (35.99 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
Regarding that other Cromwell thats to come in March... think I'll sit it out hoping we eventually see Clark's release.
Last edited by Xiaoshan_Sailor on Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I'll be holding my breath. Kinda missed the boat on the Chieftain also... :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

An interesting, but odd sort of chart :| .
Presumably, when the Cromwell's 'mechanical design' line reaches 100%, we'll all be reaching for our wallets, then? :eh: Or, does the 'External 3D' also have to reach the 100% marker too? :think:
The way things stand at present, I think that releasing even one model might be a breech too far. :D
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Agreed, tells me nothing. Release dates would be far more informative and simpler too. Is this just more flannel and fog? A most frustrating process.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Discussion”